Cheap Reception Food Ideas

My wedding is August 6, 2011 and I'm on a tight budget. I need to know what foods can I serve at the reception?

By Sherika from Lagrange, GA

Best Answer

I used to own a wedding catering business so I hope I can help you.

I would serve little chicken salad sandwiches and before you say "yuck", do the following. Find a recipe for cream puffs and make tiny ones (approx 2") and instead of filling them up with cream filling, you will be slicing them in half and filling them with a chicken salad mixture using chopped/cooked chicken breasts, celery, chopped onions (optional) and whatever seasoning you might like. I have used eggs in the salad as well. Then you just use a tiny meatball scoop or Tbsp. to scoop into the cream puffs.

Now for the punch. Go straight to your local ice cream plant or grocery store and get the largest 2 1/2 gal. of whatever sherbet you choose that will match your wedding colors. Then you mix that with either frozen pineapple juice and either 7-up or something similar. It ends up being like a frappe and is very yummy. I have even made variations to include almond flavoring or rum flavoring etc. You get the picture.

The above things you can do ahead of time so you don't have to do it on the day before or so. You can freeze the cream puffs up to two weeks before the wedding and just take them out the morning of. Fill them as you use them so you won't have lots of soggie sandwiches to take home that you didn't use. That way you can refreeze the puffs and use whatever is left as a salad or in the puffs at a later date.

I wish you the best and if I can be of any further help please let me know.

Go to Sam's, they have everything you'll need at a reasonable price. Anne

Wedding Reception Buffet
Cheap Wedding Reception Food Ideas
Weddings ReceptionApril 21, 2011
Cheap Date Ideas, Young Couple in the Park
Cheap Date Ideas
A child eating a brown bag lunch.
Quick and Easy School Lunchbox Ideas
Wedding Reception
Decorating a Wedding Reception
Coffee and dessert reception.
Coffee and Dessert Wedding Reception Ideas
🎄