Making Rigatoni in Advance for a Party

I am making rigatoni for a graduation party. How can you make the pasta ahead and then add the sauce?

By Denise from Vestaburg, PA

I made lasagna for a graduation party years ago. To me these type dishes are better re-heated. So, they are great to make ahead. Just prepare the rigatoni like you normally would, then re-heat in the microwave or oven right before you're ready to serve. It's one of the easiet meals I make. I love to have meals prepared in advance.

Very often I cook too much pasta for a meal. I just put the drained, cooled leftover in a plastic bag or container & freeze. When I am ready to use it again I thaw it, boil up some water and throw the pasta in to heat. Just a few minutes, drain it and spoon on the separately heated sauce. Saves a lot of time.

Food and Recipes Food Tips Helpful HintsJuly 18, 2010
Museum Themed Party
Throwing Museum Themed Party
Freezing Bread Dough
Freezing Bread Dough
Pie Filling
Freezing Pie Filling
Home Decorated for Girl's Birthday Party
Decorating Your Home for a Party