Keep or Sell Pine Cones for Christmas

For those who are overrun with pine cones in the yard, especially the big, pretty ones, Bag 'em up! They can become natural decor for Christmas. Some places don't have pine trees, so you may actually be able to sell them online, at a flea market or a fair. I was traveling one year and was shocked to see a small bag of pine cones in a store on sale for $5! I had a yard full of them back home!

By Kel from Duncanville, TX

You should freeze pinecones overnight before using for crafts or you might get little bugs on your projects.

My father has thousands of the long leaf pine cones, from eastern NC. i have the big 8 in. I don't know how to sell them, with times as hard as they are these days, I really wish we could sell these. Beautiful nature we are blessed with. Also have gourds to sell.

You can sell them on eBay. Go to the site and put pine cones in the search line. I got over 400 responses (I put in craft for the category). You can see what they are selling for & if they are selling, but I suspect they are. It's worth a try.

Selling Pine Cones
Selling Pine Cones
Holidays and Parties Christmas Helpful HintsOctober 15, 2007
Pine Cones
Getting Seeds From Pine Cones
A pinecone painted silver
Crafts Using Pine Cones
Making Scented Pinecones
Making Scented Pine Cones
Pine Cone Wreath
Collecting Pine Cones for Crafts