Browsing: Garage Sale Tips and Tricks

Tips Gathered from My Recent Yard Sale

I just had a yard sale this past weekend and tried several new things that I thought may be helpful to others looking for yard sale ideas.

I recently saw a package of dye-cut type stars in florescent colors for $4-5. Instead of paying that price, I used florescent paper and used a star shaped stencil in various sizes and cut out my own. These worked great for pricing large items and I even stapled them onto hanging clothes so the price was easy to locate. I also wrote the size on the star to slow down people taking the clothes off of the hangers.

My husband made me some a-frame sign stands that stood about a foot high. They were perfect to set up with signs on both sides and did not impair the traffic. The only thing I would recommend is the one you place at the end of your driveway, make sure you place it several feet from the edge and/or make it taller than one foot high because ours got ran over quite a few times.

I had several electrical items for sale that I put up on a top shelf of a shelving unit I was not selling. I posted signs that they ask for assistance with items on top shelf and I kept an extension cord nearby to plug in the items to show customers that they still worked.

I could not afford to buy batteries for every toy and item that had dead batteries, so I bought batteries and kept a screwdriver on hand for safety screws on toys, etc. and I could put the batteries in long enough to show them they worked, but I was not giving away the batteries. ha ha

I also bought those tags with strings attached and used those on delicate items that I did not want to place a sticker on or used them for items that a sticker would not stick well on.

Tawnda

You have great organizing skills, thank you for the tips.Barb

A woman putting a balloon on a garage sale sign.
Garage Sale Tips and Tricks
Garage Sales Selling TipsAugust 21, 2004
Best Christmas Light Shows. House decorated in white Christmas lights
Best Christmas Light Shows
Furniture Being Sold at Estate Sale
Having an Estate Sale
Geisha Girl with White Border on Sides
Making a Geisha Costume
Mole Digging Out of Hole into Open Air
Getting Rid of Moles in Your Yard
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 29, 2016 at 12:14:49 AM on 10.0.1.20 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.