Chandelier from a Table Lamp

I wanted a chandelier over my dining room table, but couldn't find any I liked enough for the price so I decided to hang a table lamp upside down over the table. I found this one at the thrift store and bought it for five bucks. It's glass hand blown into a wire cage with three little balls for feet that could be unscrewed off, which is how someone attached it to the ceiling. People don't even realize it's a table lamp until I tell them! I have experimented with many shades for many different looks and it is one of my prime spots for hanging Christmas ornaments.

By Sara from Rochester, NY

Brilliant idea.

I love it! You are the bomb!

The lamp seems heavy, it would be lovely if you shared with us how do you secure the lamp to the ceiling.(Pardon my ignorance)

You have a good eye for decor!

LOVE THAT LAMP! Upside down or rightside up, it's a lovely work of art and could be worth more than you think!! Investigate as well as enjoy. God bless you.

: )

P.S. I believe it's either Italian or Mexican because of the design, blown glass, metal "cage" AND shape of the shade. Is the shade glass, too? It may be over 100 yrs. old. Old lamps are VERY much in demand these days. Check eBay . : )

That's GREAT and inventive!

If I can't find ways to use something twice, I find a way to use the parts or the item in a way you wouldn't normally use it. Colanders can be turned upside down for wind chime bases, old mugs as pen holders and such. This is very cleaver and if I could, I would give this 3 thumbs up!

All the available thumbs up on this one! I love it! I'll have to purchase a thrift store table lamp if I decide to do it. I can not stand table lamps so I use floor lamps.

Making a Chandelier from a Table Lamp
Making a Chandelier from a Table Lamp
Crafts Home DecorDecember 29, 2006
Photos of wine bottle lamps with decorations.
Making a Wine Bottle Lamp
Teapot Lamp
Making a Teapot Lamp
Uses for an Old Lamp, Old Lamp with Red Shade
Uses for an Old Lamp
🎉
🎄