Chewing Gum to Stay Awake While Driving

If you chew gum, you won't fall asleep. Helpful when driving.

By Nugs from Bethlehem, PA

Too many people are in wrecks and badly injured or killed because they fell asleep behind the wheel. I would suggest pulling over and taking a short nap before leaving your life to a piece of gum.

I've heard about gum too, they also say it helps teens get better grades on tests if they study then take their test while chewing gum... Strange! ... Maybe, gum in a pinch to go a few miles. But as much as I hate the taste, I swear by once in a while eating a "Chocolate Rocket" ... It's a piece of chocolate with the equivalent of 1 cup of coffee's worth of caffeine in each one. They cost 49 cents & wake you up quicker than a cup of coffee with none of that nasty Ephedra or Mau-Hung in it & cheaper than an "Energy Drink".

* I saw on 60 minutes recently that driving while sleepy is as bad or worse than driving while intoxicated! ... WHOA! .. REALLY makes you think! Doesn't it!

Thanks for the tip! I'll try it next time -- I have an awful time staying awake while driving sometimes!

I sometimes chew gum, but something else that helps is having either the window rolled down so the air blows on you, or having the a/c on, doing the same thing.

It's not so much that people are sleepy. I can have a full night's sleep and be well rested and yet within an hour or two of driving I get that really heavy feeling in my head and right behind my eyes and can start to dose off. Chewing gum definitely keeps that from happening.

It's even better when the gum has caffeine and ginseng! I'm a huge jolt energy gum addict. Huge, I tell you!

driving safely
Driving Safety Tips
Consumer Advice Cars Driving TipsMarch 25, 2008
Driving on Snowy Roads, Cars driving on a snowy road.
Driving on Snowy Roads
young boy blowing huge bubble
Removing Gum From Carpet
Man Yawning While Driving
Staying Alert While Driving
unwrapped gum on top of several foil wrapped pieces
Uses for Chewing Gum