Washing a Vinyl Handbag

I have a LeSportsac handbag. It is fabric on the outside and is lined in vinyl or some plastic. Anyway, I washed it and the vinyl became very sticky. Otherwise it looks great. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the stickiness or do I have to throw it out.

Thank you for any replies.

Anjeena from New York

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

Try rubbing alcohol or anything with alcohol as the main ingredient such as hand santizer. I'm guessing the stickiness is a result of the cleaner not being rinsed off all the way.

Good Luck!

Rebekah

Hi Rebekah:

Well I rubbed the alcohol on to no avail. I am really upset because the bag is not that old and the manufacturer said it was safe to hand wash it.

I hate to pour out another $70. or more (the price probably went up) for this bag.

Thanks for your advice though.

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY IDEAS? OR DO YOU T HINK I JUST PERMANENTLY DAMAGED THIS BAG AND HAVE TO DITCH IT???

THANKS AGAIN.

ANJEENA

Anjeena,

if the manufacturer said you could hand wash it and it didn't work, write to them and ask if they will replace it. With a bag that expensive, the manufacturer or the store where you bought it, just might.

Susan from ThriftyFun

You can buy them on ebay for less than $70.

Answer

Home and Garden Cleaning ClothingJune 4, 2006
abstract tree wall decal
Making Vinyl Wall Decals
Cleaning a Vinyl Record
Cleaning Vinyl Records
Photo of spring cleaning supplies.
Cleaning Tar Off Vinyl
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on April 25, 2016 at 10:29:42 PM on 10.0.2.144 in 479 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.