Share Crafts
Ask
Share
Newsletter
Account
About

Washing a Vinyl Handbag

0EmailPrintFollowSave

I have a LeSportsac handbag. It is fabric on the outside and is lined in vinyl or some plastic. Anyway, I washed it and the vinyl became very sticky. Otherwise it looks great. Is there anything I can do to get rid of the stickiness or do I have to throw it out.

Thank you for any replies.

Anjeena from New York

Recent AnswersAnswer this Question

By Rebekah 1 117 06/04/2006 Flag

Try rubbing alcohol or anything with alcohol as the main ingredient such as hand santizer. I'm guessing the stickiness is a result of the cleaner not being rinsed off all the way.

Good Luck!
Rebekah

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

06/05/2006 Flag

Hi Rebekah:

Well I rubbed the alcohol on to no avail. I am really upset because the bag is not that old and the manufacturer said it was safe to hand wash it.

I hate to pour out another $70. or more (the price probably went up) for this bag.

Thanks for your advice though.

DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE ANY IDEAS? OR DO YOU T HINK I JUST PERMANENTLY DAMAGED THIS BAG AND HAVE TO DITCH IT???

THANKS AGAIN.
ANJEENA

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Susan Sanders-Kinzel 9 2,498 06/05/2006 Flag

Anjeena,
if the manufacturer said you could hand wash it and it didn't work, write to them and ask if they will replace it. With a bag that expensive, the manufacturer or the store where you bought it, just might.
Susan from ThriftyFun

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Holly (Guest Post) 06/05/2006 Flag

You can buy them on ebay for less than $70.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes