Browsing: Uses for Electrical Timers

Use a Timer for Christmas Tree Lighting

For many years we would plug in our tree every evening and then before we went to bed we would unplug it. It finally dawned on us that we could eliminate doing that by using a timer connected to that outlet. Now, like clockwork, our tree goes on at 5 pm and off at 11 pm. Try it, you'll like it.

By joesgirl

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

Hi. I do the same thing. Even have the lighted wreath (that I made myself) in the dining room window on a timer. It's even nicer when you are out and come home to a brightly lit house. Even my outside front light is on a timer. And I have an artificial tree so it's just a bit safer if I am not home at the time it comes on.

Happy holidays to all.

LI Roe

Very cool idea! We have the extension cord for the tree lights plugged into an outlet that is controlled by the light switch by the front door. When I go to bed, I just flip the switch!

Electrical Timers
Uses for Electrical Timers
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations LightsDecember 22, 2004
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Christmas Tree
Christmas Tree Tips and Tricks
Using a Water Heater Timer
Using a Water Heater Timer
Cardboard Christmas tree photo from an earlier Thriftyfun project.
Making a Cardboard Christmas Tree
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on September 15, 2016 at 6:14:23 AM on 10.0.2.214 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.