Homemade Christmas Gift Ideas for Boys

I am planning to make simple, inexpensive gifts for all my nephews and nieces for Christmas. I know what I'm doing for the girls (rag dolls). I need some ideas for the boys. They range in age from 3-13.

By Tina from KS

You could make stuffed animals for the boys, this would be especially neat if you could get your hands on some of their old jeans, etc., and use them for the fabric.

You could probably make a big cushion or pillow for the older boys. I doubt a 13 year-old would want a stuffed animal.

Most kids like throw blankets made from Polar Fleece (pre-season sales will be starting soon). Food goes over well with boys, too (think fudge). You could also do "gift certificates" for batches of homemade goodies. Polarfleece also makes easy hats, scarves, and mittens. It also makes cute little stuffed animals for the little ones (that are washable, to boot!) There are (free) sock and slipper patterns online for polarfleece, as well.

By the way, you can make a single-thickness polarfleece blanket by turning the edges back a half inch and using yarn or craft floss to blanket stitch around the edges. More work than the no-sew knotted ones, but only one piece of fabric!

Levi quilts are nice for both boys and girls. You just back it with their favorite color fabric. I like to use the pockets on the quilt border so that the kids can put toys or other treasures in them as they hang over the edge of the bed.

Check out this website. It gives pattern designs and instructions:

What about a sports theme. I made my son a duffle bag for his cleets and towel in his team/school colors and I also made sweat bands for the whole team in their school color

homemade toy truck
Homemade Gift Ideas for Boys
Holidays and Parties Gifts ChristmasAugust 12, 2010
Kids gathered around cake at birthday.
14th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
Fishing gear.
Making a Fishing Gift Basket
Cake with a 13 candles on it.
13th Birthday Party Ideas for Boys
16th Birthday Cake
16th Birthday Gift Ideas for Boys