Lake High School (Ohio) Destroyed In Tornado

Lake High School, Lake Township Municipal Building and over 100 homes were destroyed or damaged in a tornado that ripped thru Wood and Ottawa Counties on 6-5-2010 in Ohio.

Kohl's in celebration of their 10 year birthday is sponsoring a $500,000 give away to 10 most deserving schools until the end of this month. You can go to Face Book and vote for Lake Schools. Or go to You Tube and search for Lake Schools video and see the devastation.

We lost about 8 school buses and police cars. They were heaved around like toys. Thursday is the first day of school. A nearby community college has loaned Lake a building to sit up a temporary High School for 2 years until ours can be reconstructed.

By Donna

Link: Editor's Note: Here's that YouTube Link

I also forgot to say in my posting, 7 people lost their lives in that tornado on 6-5-2010. The Kohl's contest ends 9-3-2010 so if you vote for Lake School on FaceBook please do it before the then. I also said it was the top 10 schools, I was wrong, it's the top 20 schools get money. Thanks for watching and reading my post.

I am so glad you won! How fantastic is that? I was so upset that FEMA would not step in (a whole nother topic) but who needs em anyway. You all pulled yourselves up by the boot straps and did it on your own. That is so wonderful. It goes to show that we don't need big daddy government to constantly bail us out. And what a small world it is that you too are a member of this site. I'm from Sylvania and my heart goes out to all of you. God Bless You.

Lake School did win the Kohl's contest for $500,000.It was for the top 20 schools and we got 1st place. A local radio station 92.5 Kiss FM was broadcasting from Lake all day on Friday to help get votes. We flucuated all day from 21 to 4 then 1 place. How excitinfg was that? At our home game on Friday they dedicated the new football field to the Community and named it The Community Stadium. Not a dry eye in the whole place over that one. Let me thank anyone out there who helped and voted for Lake. It's been a hard last 3 months. We are on the road to recovery. The Lake Flyers are flying high today. Thanks again!

Better Living CharitySeptember 1, 2010
Houses Wrecked by Tornado
Preparing for a Tornado
Cleaning a Pontoon Boat
Cleaning a Pontoon Boat
Girl in a red coat giving to the Salvation Army.
Ohio Christmas Charities
Glass Mansion Columbus, Ohio
Columbus, Ohio - Frugal Travel Guide
🎉
🎄