Advice For Window Treatments In Formal Living Room

I need help in figuring out window treatments for my formal living area windows. I need privacy and want to dress it up at the same time. There are two French doors and two windows.

I would probably make either Roman shades or a not too fussy balloon shade. They are pretty easy to make and are great for privacy and they can be pulled up to allow light in. You can go on the internet for instructions or have them made. I have them in almost every room.

Go to and look up window treatments. They should have a lot of ideas for you. Good luck.

I suggest using plain waxed paper in a 50ft roll that you find with the tin foil, plastic wrap etc. in the grocery store . It can not be seen through but the light still comes in through it.

I have used/done that very thing on our front door and kitchen windows. Waxed paper is very easy to cut to size and then tape in place PLUS a person can not see through it from either direction (the inside or the outside).

Very cheap and cost effective - keeps the direct sun light out so the room stays cooler saving on the electric bill and stops the fading of carpets or furniture from the sun shining in on it every day.

June 23, 20090 found this helpful search for "Heritage lace curtains", lot of pretty curtains there, good luck.

Woman hanging a window treatment.
Window Treatment Advice
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Window TreatmentsMay 20, 2008
Living Room Colors
Living Room Color Scheme Advice
Nicely decorated living room.
Living Room Wall Paint Color Advice
Formal Business Event
Clothing Advice for a Formal Business Event
Beautiful drapes.
Saving Money on Drapes, Blinds and Window Treatments