What is the Best Mop?

What is the best mop you have used, for convenience and a thorough cleaning?

This is going to sound silly. A while back I was watching a TV infomercial for StarFiber mop(with dusting head and washingcloths). I was sold! It showed how these microfiber washcloths cleaned up bacteria that others didn't, they sell these microfiber cloths at hardware stores now. The mop is great because it takes up very little room and mop head is re-usable! You just toss the microfiber mop head in the washer(and dryer), you never have a gross mop kicking around. The parts are re-used unlike those mop tops that you toss in the garbage and need to buy more constantly. And my favorite: uses little water so the floors dry quickly, and are very clean. I highly suggest to anyone a mop that is machine washable: saves money, time and the beloved earth!

I dearly love my Swiffer that I use with wet wipes. Its the best mop I've ever used. I've been a homemaker for 40 yrs.

You can even find StarFiber mops on the Internet. Just make sure you buy the brand name and not a wanna-be.

I never mopped before this mop. Too much work.

Also, buy some extra mop pads, if you have large areas or only wash once a week. Do not use bleach or fabric softener with these pads.

You don't need a lot of water to mop; I just use a recycled Renuzit spray bottle (any spray bottle will do), and spray on a light film as I mop.

I use this mop on my tile and hardwood floors. It's a snap.

I love my PBA roller mop. The problem was our local Amazing Savings discount store went out of business and I couldn't find them anywhere. Don't buy it on TV or from the ads...you will end up spending a small fortune. They say the mop is $5 but you will be charged more like $50 for 2 mops and grossly inflatted delivery charges. Some big manufacturers still make it and you can find them in stores. I finally found a local distributor and ordered a dozen and shared them with friends and relatives. Don't remember the brand.

I just love this electric mop. It is soo easy and the floor gets real clean. No dirty rags or sponges hanging around.

More important no dirty water to be spreading around the floor. I just love it!! The Bissell flip it!!!

Thanks for letting me express myself.

I just love my new microfiber mop! I bought it at walmart for about $12.00. The microfiber elastic cloth slips off and is machine washable. They sell extra mop covers too. I have been using a swiffer mop for the past year or so and love that too. It's great for in-between mop jobs. I really don't like spongemops. They look dirty after the first couple of uses, and don't clean as well.

Consumer Advice Product Reviews CleaningMay 14, 2007
Photo of a yellow rubber glove.
Making Your Own Clorox Ready Mop Pads
Steam Mop
Using a Steam Mop
Terrycloth Mop
Finding a Terrycloth Mop