Uno (Boxer)

Uno is my 4 month old Boxer. I bought him from a newspaper ad. At this point he likes to tear up the house! He also enjoys his walks. He is a wonderful companion in spite of his antics!

By Diane from Elmira, NY

Uno looks so loveable,sweet and so calm. Please give Uno hugs for me. Looks as though he has a great disposition as well.Lucky you ! !

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Gorgeous dog. I just love boxers. You can count on him being a clown for many more years. They never really grow up, but are very intellingent and can be easily trained. But never mastered. They are a wonderful family pet. I have a family day home and my boxers have adopted the children over the last 14 years. I would never even consider any other breed of dog

Reply Like this photo? Yes

What a beautiful pup! I have a boxer also and like johnsonya said they really are wonderful pets. Mine too looks forward to his nightly walk. (even in the rain, snow or anything else lol)

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Great looking Boxer. Have you considered crate training him when you can't watch him? It really saves wear and tear on the house.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

We had a boxer too. He was the best dog, he wasn't aggressive until someone (the old neighbor) threw a hammer at him. We always kept him in a 2 ac. fenced backyard, but he liked to bark. We found out later that if he barked the "old" neighbors would throw things at him, if they were in their yard. I always felt so secure with him around. Just his size made people think twice about coming up to the house to "sell or steal" something. Enjoy yours, boxers are wonderful dogs. When he died, I cried like a baby. I sure do miss him.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Just make sure you have his vet records and that they contain a test for heartworm.

Sometimes people sell dogs out of the paper due to testing positive for it.

It costs a lot to treat it.

very little to prevent it.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Uno looks so innocent hard to believe he tears the house up!!! I have two doggies my best tip is

keep them in those new "faux" pig's ears and

bones to chew so they don't chew your stuff.

However the yorkie has chewed my husband's:

glasses, c-pap machine strap (not cheap), collars

off t-shirts and only the husband which is wierd he goes nuts to be with daddy!! mini-wierdo is what we have.

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Aw, what a sweet boxer boy! We have a boxer named Lola. She is 5 years old and such a wonderful member of the family. Gentle as a lamb, yet she appears to be a good watch dog (by her bark). But then the wigglebutts syndrome kicks in and she starts the kidney bean dance, and you know she is just a big marshmallow.

She has never quite grown up...but is very smart and has learned some important general rules.

I think daily exercise, like a walk, is a MUST for a boxer! Ours gets depressed if she doesn't get her nightly "trot-trot-trot."

Enjoy your wonderful dog!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

So cute! I have had nothing but Boxers for 20 years now. After my first, Luke, I fell in love with the breed. They bring so much laughter in your life. They are such clowns, but also very good protection as well. Boxers have a wonderful unconditional love for their owners & it is only natural to return the same love back to them. I have Rocky now & he is my life!

Reply Like this photo? Yes