Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dogs

What can I do with left over hot dogs?

Opal Chewelah, WA

Looking for new life for leftover hot dogs. I need some ideas so we can eat them as leftovers.

kimbers867 from Joppa, MD

Answers:

RE: Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dogs

Corn dog muffins

2 pkgs jiffy corn bread muffin mix

2 lg eggs

2 hit dogs

1 can creamed corn

Slice hot dogs into 4-6 strips, then cut into cubes. Pour dry corn muffin mixes into a bowl and add hot dog pieces and coat well. Then add both eggs and mix well. Then add creamed corn. Spray mufin pan and pour in batter. Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

(06/16/2006)

By micksgirl

RE: Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dogs

Chill completely and then grind them up and add onion, relish,Miracle Whip, whatever you like for "ham salad" sandwiches. Or slice them up and add to a casserole such as scalloped potatoes. Or slice them into canned baked beans for "beans and franks" - the possibilities are endless!! (06/16/2006)

By

RE: Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dogs

I use turkey dogs but it works the same. I heat a flour tortilla on my gas burner, melt some cheese on it, take off the flame, add onions (cooked or not), green peppers (same), & roll up with the sauteed or grilled hot dogs in the middle. Great snack. You can also thread them on skewers w/veggies & stuff & grill. (06/16/2006)

By Vic

RE: Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dogs

We like them cut up & cook hotdogs in pan of sauerkraut.

Hot dogs can also be served cut up in bite sized pieces and heated in your favorite BBQ sauce, as a finger food (use toothpicks to eat with), for parties. Add a splash or so of bourbon, for a bit of dazzle. Your guests will rave over them, mine did. (06/16/2006)

By badwater

RE: Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dogs

Well, believe it or not? My dear hubby chops them up in his scrambled eggs...yep, I said eggs! I have never tasted this and have no plans to do so...but; it just might be what works for you? Good luck! (06/16/2006)

By teatimelady

RE: Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dogs

Cut into "coins" and add to mac & cheese.

Also make a corned beef and cabbage dinner using the franks instead of corned beef. Boil the cabbage, potatoes, carrots and onion. When almost cooked add the franks. (06/16/2006)

By Dotzz24

RE: Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dogs

Add them to fried potatoes and serve with eggs - for breakfast or dinner. We cut them up into pieces and then freeze them. When we want some, we simply take out the portion needed -- easy!! (06/16/2006)

By

RE: Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dogs

yes, scrambled eggs with sliced hot dogs is good

sounds wierd I know but even I like it. ( I am way

too picky about eggs) (06/16/2006)

By meoowmom

Fish bait

Hot dog pieces make the best fish bait for small lake and pond fishing. Use in place of worms.

(06/17/2006)

By Nicole

RE: Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dogs

Thanks for sharing everyone. I got some great ideas! Here is the recipe I found from allrecipes.com, I did use two cans of chili. I had 5 hot dogs and buns left and that

was more than enough to fill the dish.

Chili Dog Casserole I

Submitted by: Dana Wrightsman

Rated: 4 out of 5 by 183 members Prep Time: 15 Minutes

Cook Time: 30 Minutes Ready In: 45 Minutes

Yields: 7 servings

"My cousin Donna made up this recipe several years ago and it's one

my children love. It's like eating a chili dog, but with a fork."

INGREDIENTS:

8 hot dog buns

8 hot dogs

1 (15 ounce) can chili 1/4 cup chopped onion

1 tablespoon prepared mustard

2 cups shredded Cheddar

cheese

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

2. Lightly grease a 9x13 inch baking dish. Tear up the hot dog buns

and arrange the pieces in the bottom of the dish evenly. Slice the

hot dogs into bite size pieces and layer the pieces over the buns.

3. Pour the chili over the hot dogs, sprinkle with the chopped

onion, then spread some mustard over the chili and the onion. Top

off with the cheese.

4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.

(06/19/2006)

By kimbers867

RE: Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dogs

when i was a kid my grandma used to wrap hot dogs in crescent roll dough and bake them till they browned well. we also had spam that way. another one is to split the dogs top with bbq sauce and cheese and put in the broiler till the cheese browns. also works with spam. good luck carla in missouri (06/19/2006)

By carla bledsoe

RE: Recipes Using Leftover Hot Dogs

BAKED HOT DOGS

-HOT DOG BUNS

-LEFTOVER HOT DOGS

-Relish or saurkraut

-cheese of your choice

-put slice of cheese on inside of hot dog bun; put hot dog, top with relish and another piece of cheese; wrap in aluminum foil and put into 350 degree oven for approximately 10 minutes; cheese should be melted and bun should be soft; serve with chip & dip! (06/29/2006)

By WandaJo

RE: Cabbage & Potatoes with Leftover Hot Dogs

My grandma quartered and boiled cabbage with potatoes, big quarters or big chunks, and seasoned with some salt. When about done she added the hot dogs, cut up or whole, and finished boiling. She served the cabbage & potatoes with a little butter & some pepper and a little mustard on the dogs. Sounds weird but we loved it. I'm not sure where she got the idea but feeding 9 kids was probably a challenge. She was Mexican and my grandfather was English/Irish and I'm sure the recipe didn't come from Mexico! (02/09/2008)

By Sal

My mother in Law used to make hot dogs in gravy for my husband and his siblings when they were young. She would make a pot of gravy add hot dogs cut into pieces , potatoes in chunks. sliced carrots, celery, onion, and sometimes canned corn. It comes out like a stew.

My mom used to slice hot dogs into bite size quarters, add cubed Velveeta cheese, chopped onion, and ketchup. Mix it all together and place on a hot dog or hamburger bun, wrap in foil, and place in 375 degree oven until warmed through. I loved them as a kid, and now my kids love them.

Hot dogs cut into coins and mixed in with mac and cheese is a big favorite around here.

One of my favs is to take a can of pork and beans, add some diced onions and a couple of coined hot dogs. Heat it slowly, until the juice cooks out of the beans and gets thick and enjoy! Love it!

Barbecue Hot Dog Burgers. I cut the hot dogs into small bite size pieces and added onions, barbecue, ketchup and mustard and cooked on low for about 10 minutes in a skillet. I then added cheese to the concoction and allowed it to melt. Put on a hamburger bun and you are "good to go".

Hot Dogs on BBQ
Recipes Using Hot Dogs
Food and Recipes Recipes MeatsJune 16, 2006
Recipes Using Leftover Ham, Spiral sliced ham.
Freezing Leftover Ham
Halloween Hot Dog Fingers
Halloween Hot Dog Fingers
Hot Cross Buns on Wood Board
Hot Cross Buns Recipes
Hot Tub
Cleaning a Hot Tub
🎉
🎄