Photograph Each Room's Contents in Case of Disaster

My daughter and her family recently experienced a house fire; it was an entire loss (home, furnishings, vehicles, documents, and pet). She was able to save a three-ring binder with all of her important documents, bills and other pertinent information.

To avoid confusion in a crisis such as this, we have decided to photograph each room, documents, and all items of importance that would be needed in time of a crisis such as a fire, tornado, etc. Those digital photos will be placed on a flash-drive device and stored in a place of safety for future reference if applicable.

By Jose from Collierville, TN

Another place you can store photos of your house contents is on Facebook or a similar photo uploader site. I uploaded mine into a private FB album viewable by only my immediate family. If you're not comfortable storing photos online, another suggestion would be to keep the flash drive in a safety deposit box or give it to another family member who doesn't live in the same house.

I never complete and sent in registration forms for anything I buy. Doesn't do anything but put yourself on a junk mailing list. Better other ways to document.

A new home.
Saving Money on Home Owner's Insurance
Home and Garden Emergency PreparationApril 29, 2010
Sewing Machine
Bobbin Case Keeps Falling Out of a Sewing Machine
A lost dog.
Natural Disaster Tips for Pet Owners
Room With Many Doors
Decorating a Room With Many Doors
Couple Painting Each Room a Different Color
Painting Each Room a Different Color
🎄