Store Bananas in Refrigerator

Bananas will last much longer if you store them in the refrigerator. They also taste sweeter! Just pick the bananas in the store that are ripe to the point you want them, leave them in the plastic bag, and put them in the refrigerator.

The peel WILL turn dark brown, as if they are way over-ripe. Don't let this discourage you, as you will discover when you peel the banana, it is still firm and even sweeter than those kept on your counter.

My mom has used this method for years. I didn't believe her, until I tried one of her bananas that had been in the fridge for a week. My family refuses to eat bananas after they get any brown spots (they want some green still on them), and in warm weather they turn brown really fast. They get those annoying little gnats swarming around them!

It took some work to convince my skeptical husband and kids that just because the peel is brown, it doesn't mean the banana is going to be mushy. Once they got past the look, they love cold bananas as much as I do!

Source: My mom

By lyonpridej from OK

A bunch of bananas.
Storing Bananas
Food and Recipes Food Tips FruitJune 29, 2011
Dried Bananas
Drying Bananas
Saving Money on a Refrigerator, A new side by side refrigerator and freezer in stainless steel.
Saving Money on a Refrigerator
A banana on ice.
Freezing Bananas
View of the water line.
Flushing a Refrigerator Water Line