Picture Frame Cards
If you spend hours staring at Christmas cards at the store thinking about how impersonal it is to send pre-printed cards, then there is no better way for you to send out your own greetings than through these picture frame cards. They are simple and offer you more than one way to personalize your Christmas greetings. Plus, if you have kids, these are a great way for them to get involved in sending out your holiday cards this year.
- glue (craft glue or glue sticks work best)
- scissors (both regular and "fancy")
- craft knife
- decorations: markers, glitter, crayons, stickers, feathers, buttons, beads, sequins, and more
- Take measurements of your envelope, because your card will need to be a good fit for your envelope.
- Cut one piece of cardstock in a square 1/4 inch smaller in both length and width from the envelope. This is the frame portion of the card.
- Cut another piece of cardstock twice the size of the first square and fold it in half. This is the card portion of the card.
- Use a marker or pen to write your greeting inside the card.
- On the frame portion of the card, you will need to cut out a rectangle from the center of the card leaving a frame of 1 inch thickness on each side. A simple way to cut out the center is to use your craft knife.
- Place glue on two opposing sides of the backside of the frame portion.
- Glue frame to front of card.
- Decorate the frame with markers, glitter, and other items and let dry.
- Slip picture in open side of frame.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
Related Content(article continues below)
In This Guide
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on February 17, 2017 at 5:22:10 PM on 10.0.0.67 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us