Trouble Viewing Web Pages on a Notebook

I recently received an Aspire One notebook but when viewing web pages, I constantly have to scroll up and down and across to be able to see the whole page at the same time. Can this be fixed? If so, how? I tried many of your suggestion before sending this in but I have had no luck.

By Zelda from Ottawa, ON

What is the screen resolution? Most web pages should fit nicely on a 1024x768px screen.

Also, have you tried pressing the Control (Ctrl) and the minus (-) keys at the same time? This should shrink the text, and some images, so they fit better on the page - it also should work the other way, press Ctrl and + at the same time to increase the text size.

As alloydog pointed out it is probably your screen resolution. If you right click on your desktop and select properties a window should open up. Look through each of the tabs in the window till you find an area for resolution. Experiment, you can always go back and change it again without messing up your PC.

Also without knowing which ideas you tried, you may get duplicates. Check the number in the lower right corner, above the clock. I can change the size of my screen right there.

In Internet Explorer there's the word "Page" on the Command Bar above the window. You click on the arrow and a menu appears; in the bottom 1/3 you will see "Zoom"; put your cursor over the word Zoom and another menu opens to the right or left; it lists percentages, and "custom"; you slide your cursor over and select a percentage, like 75%, or select custom and another box opens where you can use up and down arrows to select your own percentage. I use an HP Mini 110 Netbook and I have to change the size sometimes, too. I also use a 21" monitor plugged into the Netbook because the Netbook's screen is too small to look at for very long.

You can also do the same process I mentioned by clicking on "View" on the Menu Bar; you will see Zoom about halfway down; put the cursor on that line and the window with the percentages and custom options will appear to the right. Hope this helps!

Computers TroubleshootingFebruary 11, 2011
Making a Book Pages Christmas Wreath Teaser
Making a Christmas Wreath with Book Pages
Homemade Notebook
Homemade Notebook Crafts
Organizing Your Web Browser's Bookmarks, Bookmark menu on a computer.
Organizing Your Web Browser's Bookmarks
Baby Videos
Funny Baby Videos