Homemade Diaper Cream

• 1/2 cup cornstarch baby powder or liquid baby powder
  • 2 large containers petroleum jelly or creamy jelly
  • 3 cups water
  • 1/4 cup calamine lotion
  • 1/4 cup baby lotion
  • 2 vitamin E squeezed into mixture (optional)
  • 3 drops of tea tree oil (optional)

Directions:

Heat mixture on low heat. You may have to add more water. When mixture is melted with no lumps it's ready to pour into containers. If you have lumps add more water. Good luck and enjoy.

By smathis123 from Murray, KY

Top Comment

Remember Vaseline is a petrochemical. This absorbs into the skin & can cause problems. Your body has a hard time getting rid of this toxin.

Use virgin coconut oil instead. It's natural & has healing properties. I'd also add vitamin D. Get it in the oil gel caps & poke a hole & squeeze it out. I'd have at least 6,000IU. in 2-4 tablespoons of the coconut oil.

I've made my own lip balm & skin analgesic ointment with this stuff & it is very nice. If you want the mix thicker, add some beeswax. It doesn't take much of it to thicken all of it up.

Ok, so I was extremely skeptical about this, but my little girl got rota-virus from daycare and within 2 diarrhea bowel movements her little bottom blistered and started to bleed. My Dr. is the king of homeopathic remedies and told me to go home get a tea bag and dampen it and apply it to the blisters. Then while that was setting he told me to make my own diaper rash ointment. I thought he was nuts!

But he told me to mix equal parts A&D ointment (the stuff with the petroleum) and CRISCO?! Then apply heavily to her butt. He says that you don't rub it in but make sure that it evenly coats her whole area. I was resistant I'll tell you that, but the Desitin wasn't really working and I felt so sorry for her, all she could do was scream every time she wet her diaper or had a BM, so I tried it, and now I'm a believer. I don't think I'm EVER going to spend 5-10 dollars a tube for diaper rash cream again. Try this! I SWEAR you won't be sorry or out of a lot of money.

My mother ALWAYS used lard(Crisco) for diaper rash and it worked. I used it on my own kids and loved it.

Baby in Diaper
Homemade Diaper Rash Ointment Recipes
Health & Beauty Beauty Beauty Recipes AdviceSeptember 2, 2010
Baby with Diaper Rash Getting Changed
Diaper Rash Remedies
baby at photo shoot
Making a 1st Birthday Hat and Diaper Cover
Nightmare Before Christmas Diaper Cake
Making a Nightmare Before Christmas Diaper Cake
Diaper Pail
Getting Rid of Gnats in a Diaper Pail
🎉
🎄