Inexpensive Locations for a Wedding Ceremony

I am getting married on June 12th, 2010. I am looking for a pretty place, but not too expensive, as my fiance and I have to pay for the wedding. My guest list is very small, since I wanted to have just my closest family and friends, there are only 45.

If I could receive any help on locations around Rockville or Germantown, MD in which the locale, chairs, and tables were given with a reasonable price I would really appreciate it. We want to have a buffet, not a caterer. Thank you.

By cubanaza05 from Rockville, MD

Answers

Most parks can be used free of charge, but chairs,etc. won't be furnished. The park weddings that I have driven by, the guests have been standing. Call your local park department and inquire about it and check out the various parks. If you decide to do a park wedding reserve the area of the park really early. I know here they start taking reservations for various things about a year ahead of time. At a park, I imagine you could use as many picnic tables as you would need for a reception.

July 14, 2009 Flag

I need an inexpensive location for my ceremony July 29th. It is non traditional which makes it easier. My budget for the entire wedding is $1,000.00.

Mashonda from Rancho, CA

Answers:

Are you near a beach? My husband and I had a wonderful beach wedding. Our only cost for the location was the rental on the picnic gazebo (for the reception afterward), which was only about $50.

Local, state, and national parks also make beautiful wedding sites, at a low cost. Good luck! (07/02/2006)

By Ree 127

My niece was driving around her neighborhood and noticed someone had a gazebo in their backyard. She asked them if she could be married there and was told yes. I am sure she gave them sort of gratuity, but it was cheaper than other options. This was years ago, as her oldest child just got his driver's license. (07/06/2006)

By Linda L

Parks are great, weather permitting. My wedding was in August, so I figured somewhere out of the sun would be more comfortable for guests. We decided on my mom's church. They only asked that we make a donation to the church (I think we paid $100), since my mom was a member.

Our budget was $1,000 as well, it can be done! :) Good luck. (07/06/2006)

By marisa

One of the nicest weddings I ever went to was in a state park and catered by Colonel Sanders! A real picnic with chicken and the trimmings. Reserve or rent a shelter house and you could even have a carry-in covered dish reception. May God bless your marriage and your entire life together. (07/06/2006)

By Margie Minard

The ideas of parks and beaches sound nice but you have so much open space that you may feel like you have to dress it up or decorate your space to make it a wedding like environment. As well as get some chairs and decorations out there which could become expensive. I have put on many parties and weddings and my best advice would be to try these:

Rent a meeting/party room from the elks lodge, or any club/group/organization your friends or family belong to. City community centers/ local parks recreation center/ The boys & girls club/The Y.M.C.A./Some condo/apt. places have club houses or unused weight rooms. I just have been there and know how you feel. My last & best word of advice is to have all decorations/planters or bows as large as possible so you need as many. Good Luck and let us know what you find. (07/07/2006)

By Crystelc

There was a prior post on this I'd say about maybe a year ago, and everyone had really good ideas. Perhaps someone at Thrifty Fun could find it for you. (07/07/2006)

By imaqt1962

Maryland Wedding
Maryland Wedding Locations
Weddings PlanningJuly 14, 2009
holding wedding rings
Ideas for Renewing Your Vows
A couple opening wedding gifts.
Registering for Wedding Gifts
Saving o Wedding Candles
Saving Money on Wedding Candles
The skyline of Baltimore during the day.
Cheap Wedding Sites in Baltimore, MD
🎉
🎄