Dog Keeps Eating Grass

My brother has a dog that eats grass all the time. My thought is it is trying to get some kind of nutrient that is not in it's diet. Does anyone have any input on this?

By Suntydt from Tzewell, TN

It's an old wives tale that dogs eat grass when they're sick. Dogs just DO that. I think all my dogs have eaten grass at some time or other. The two that I have now LOVE fresh spring grass and eat their fill. Then they'll run and play and roll in it. I guess that's dog for "playing with your food."

I have 2 pits and only 1 of them eats grass all the time. There doesn't seem to be a reason for it. As long as it does not ruin the yard or make the dog sick, just let him have his fill.

Another old wive's tale: When a dog eats grass it is going to rain.

I have asked the vet about that once, because my dog like to eat some weeds, like dandelions. He said that it's not true that dog's eat grass when they're sick or to help them throw up, as I like to hear people say. He said some dogs just like to eat grass and weeds. As yessy stated, as long as the dog doesn't get sick, let it eat.

My lab has pollen allergies and she eats grass to cough up the phelgm in the back of her throat. Animals can't clear their throats like we can.

Dogs Eating Grass
Dogs Eating Grass
Pets Dogs AdviceApril 12, 2010
Bored Kid at a Restaurant
Keep Children Entertained When Eating Out
Japanese beetle eating a leaf.
Getting Rid of Japanese Beetles
Little girl on the beach wearing a grass skirt.
Making Grass Skirts
Johnson Grass
Getting Rid of Johnson Grass
🎄