Use Christmas Lights Year Round

Christmas lights... not just for Christmas anymore! Think about buying a few packs of lights after this year's holiday when they go on clearance and use them all year round.

Strings of "Red" lights adds a lot more romance to a Valentines Day. A string of "Green" lights will turn anyone green with envy on St. Patrick's Day. Combine Red, White and Blue Strings for that 4th of July cookout.

The tiny little lights can bring a big impact to any gathering. Mix a string into your table's centerpiece and you add class and style to any party. These are only a few ideas, bet you can come up with many more!

I love lights, use them all the time. I even have them wrapped around the top of my canopy bed.

By Dollyddg from Lynn, MA

In my town you will get fined if you keep your Christmas lights up. I didn't know that until I read it in today's paper.

I am a teacher and use this idea in my classroom to brighten up my room for holidays or seasons-red for Valentine's day, white for Easter, green for St. Pat's Day. I have an orange set for fall too. The students really like it.

I use white christmas lights all year around on top of my kitchen cabinets. It puts a soft light up at the ceiling and shows off the collectibles displayed up there. I lay them flat so you don't even see them!

I saw someone use the rope lights as a night light on stairs.

Absolutely love this idea!

I too leave my simple Rope lights on around footpath areas and steps and am thinking on leaving them on timers (to be adjusted with the seasons). I leave it on till bedtime or when visitors may leave or it's time that they should leave. It helps my safety and adds instant uplift at times and hopefully does not cost that much to run. One fall alone repaid me already!

I am glad I don't live in your town where you get fined. My parents like lights and I don't want my dad climbing the ladder so much so I talked them into leaving them up. This way I don't have to worry that he may try and take them down and fall. Good idea about walkways. I will tell them about that.

I took strings of the mini lights all in white and attached them under the railing around my deck. Gives off just a nice glow to the deck without attracting the mosquitos. Really makes it nice to sit out there and chat or relax.

I have used Christmas lights for years in my bedroom. I have a bay window and string the white LED lights along the top of the curtains. They give such a nice glow in there. Also, I put them above my kitchen cupboards, you can't see the actual lights, but the glow is just so cozy. I keep a rope light lit in my porch year round as well. I don't like bright obnoxious lights and Christmas lights are perfect! I stock up every year after they go on sale after the holiday.

In my neighbor hood also you get fined having lights up after the holiday but I think if they were color coordinated with the holiday (red valentines, green St. Pats) it might be okay. Love all these ideas!

I have clear icicle lights behind the valances in the bedroom and living room. Hmm, never thought about on top of the kitchen cabinets! Thanks!

What a fantastic idea! I am going to have a set run around my porch. I don't like the bright light shining into my bedroom at night but still need a light out there. Thank you so much for the brilliant idea.

I placed a string of large cone shaped multi-colored LED's around the door frame of my boy's closet. They have been there for about 4 years and stay all year round. They make a nice soft light for my youngest to get down from the top bunk!

When I was a teenager I painted my walls a soft pink tint semi gloss and the ceiling white gloss. I strung white wired lights around the perimeter of the ceiling. So pretty!

Christmas Lights in Hands
Uses for Christmas Lights
Holidays and Parties Christmas Decorations LightsDecember 15, 2008
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Family Working on Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Hanging Outdoor Christmas Lights
Classic Christmas Tree
Putting Lights on a Christmas Tree
Oregon Zoolights
Saving Money on Christmas Lights
🎉
🎄