Safety - Your Money and Your Life

I was mugged several months ago. I have gained some insight that could save your money and your life.

1. Be extremely aware of your surroundings.
  2. Ad
  3. If a criminal wants your belongings give them to him. You are not being thrifty by keeping a purse and you getting hurt.
  4. SCREAM, run, whatever.
  5. Have your keys in your hand before you leave the building. When you THROW your belongings hold onto your keys. You can then either get back inside the building and call 911 or get in your car and drive for help.
  6. SURVIVE, anyway you can, before, during and after.

I screamed and ran when it happened. I did look outside before we went out but of course he was hiding. I am more alert than I ever was. But that doesn't mean something could happen again, but the chances are less.

By Sandy from Baltimore

Wow! You're brave and had your wits with you! Thank you for sharing these tips! I will start carrying my car keys in my pockets.

Keeping the car keys in hand and knowing where to push the button for the horn can be a deterrent & draw attention to you.

It rattles me if I happen to hit it accidentally!

More people will react to a scream of "FIRE!" than anything else.

Better Living Safety PersonalMay 11, 2006
safety pin on purple background
Safety Pin and Bead Craft Projects
Infant car seat.
Car Seat Safety
Safety Pin Flag
Making Safety Pin Jewelry
colorful bracelet
Making a Beaded Safety Pin Bracelet
🎄