Where Can I Buy Sweet Gum Balls?

Where can I buy sweet gum balls?

Rebecca from West Midlands

Oh Dear, I wished you lived close to me in Arkansas. I could rake up a truck load for you and gladly bring them to you. Our neighbor's tree blesses us every year with the little "ankle breakers". We rake, we mow, we sweep, and still we have gum balls. Never, ever knew there was any use for them. They won't even burn up. Good luck on finding some. IMA

Send me an address and I will ship you as many as you want. Brown now and green in the spring.

I'm looking for a current source of Sweet Gum balls/seed pods for craft projects. If you know how I could get some sent to me, please let me know.

Michelle in Pleasant Hill, IA

Hi there, I sell them for crafts & etc. How many do you need?

I have them for sale cheap! My email address is tandomwolf AT gmail.com Send me a webmail with how many you need (they come in quantities of 25, 50, 75, 100 and so on in increments of 25. I sell a bag of 25 for 3.00$ each.

I have some for sale. Please let me know if you're interested. They were just picked up today.

I HAVE ALOT OF SWEET GUM BALLS..CONTACT ME VIA MY EMAIL HERE IF UR STILL INTERESTED

I HAVE SWEET GUM BALLS IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN BUYING

August 9, 2008 Flag

I am trying to find a place to buy sweet gum balls as I have read where you can smash them and put around hostas to keep grubs from climbing onto your plants.

Sue from Cedar Rapids, IA

Answers:

RE: Where can I buy sweet gum balls?

Where can I buy sweet gum balls?

If you can't get any sweet gum balls I just read on a hosta site that you can ring your hosta with regular old children's play sand like you would put in a sandbox and the slugs won't cross it. Just put a very thin layer around the base of the plant. I have not tried it yet so I can't comment firsthand, but I have a bucket of sand ready to go out on mine as the slugs are having hosta picnics at my house.

Good luck!
Susan in Omaha (05/23/2007)

By susan matthews

Where can I buy sweet gum balls?

There are several things you can use to control pests with hostas. You can use slug pellets around them, they don't like them. Moth balls will work too. The best method is to take a bucket of warm salt water at dusk and pick up the slugs and put them in the water and it kills them. You can also use upturned half grapefruit shells and crushed eggshells but they make the garden look not very nice.
Recently a biological control for slugs has become available. A nematode, it is specific to slugs and will do no harm at all to snails. The nematode is mixed with water and applied to the ground around hostas through a watering can. The nematode then paralyzes any slugs that come in contact with it, multiplying in the slug's body and reinfecting any slugs that come to eat the dead slug. (05/23/2007)

By Mythi

This is where to get sweetgum balls....

Check this site out:

http://treedroppings.com/sweetgum.php (09/18/2007)

By Ryan

Sweet Gum Balls
Buying Sweet Gum Balls
Home and Garden Gardening AdviceAugust 9, 2008
A pile of yellow tennis balls.
Saving Money on Tennis Balls
Uses for Sweet Gum Balls
Uses for Sweet Gum Balls
young boy blowing huge bubble
Removing Gum From Carpet
Gum Drops
Gum Drop Cookie Recipes
🎄