Start Shopping For Back To School

Shop now for your Back to School items. They're greatly reduced at various stores. Stock up for the whole year. Also, keep in mind buying packages of pencils, erasers, etc., these items could be put in birthday goodie bags, Easter baskets, or used as Halloween treats, in place of sweet treats.

By Terri from NV

It's also a great idea if you have a couple extra dollars to get supplies for the classrooms for your kids, or I have seen some backpack programs that send bundles of supplies to schools that really need it.

The only thing to worry about it getting too much, as the erasers from some pencils I bought (but have yet to use since I bought so many to begin with,) are now hard as a rock and unusable.

I have been doing this for 3 years now. We have a 86 percent or maybe higher this year, families in need, so many kids trouble my son for his school supplies. Last year I gave 2 times on gift bags with deals and clearances. I spent no more than 1.20 including bags per student. Last year was just very bad so many kids did not have supplies in his class. I am stocked up and ready for this year. I use things like Christmas, Halloween, Easter and such to send in the gift bags with a little candy treat of course. Shirley

Photo of a back pack, colored pencils, paper and other school supplies.
Saving Money on School Supplies
Parenting School SuppliesJuly 23, 2008
Middle School Survival Kit
Making a Middle School Survival Kit
A variety of sports equipment
Saving Money on Sports Equipment for School
kid wearing a jacket
Marking Jackets for School
Girl Getting on the Bus to go Back to School
Preparing Kids for Going Back to School