Annie's Attic Crocheted Walker Bag

I would like to have a crochet pattern from the book Annie's Attic: Wheelchair Afghans and Bags. Its the walker bag made with granny squares. Please help me. Thank you so much.

By jeanebug from NC

Best Answer

I took a look at her site (& I'm a fairly advanced crocheter) & it looks like her patterns are fairly easy to figure out if you're at least an intermediate crocheter. I can't find the exact pattern you described, but from looking at the photo (below) & changing it somewhat.

HERE'S HOW I'D MAKE ONE:

1) I'd make 24 granny squares that are each 4 inches square.

2) Crochet squares together in the following pattern: Line them up so you'd have 3

squares wide x 4 squares high (equals 12 squares per side)... Then Slip-stitch or sew then together.

3) After the granny squares are slip-stitched or sewn together then sew or slip-stitch the fronts & the back together at the sides & the bottom (as if you were making a pillow that was open at one side).

4) On the top, finish it by crocheting once or twice around the top in single crochet in a matching color

5) At the each side of the top (as if it were a purse) crochet loops. (look at the picture below & where there's handles, instead crochet loops instead) ...In each of these loops put in a shower curtain ring in a matching color of clear plastic. Use these shower curtain rings to attach it to your walker or to your wheelchair.

* These shower curtain rings are a much better way to attach this "walker-purse" than actually tying it on because the ties won't come undone or get caught on anything. You can also use metal binder rings from the office store to attach it or simply crochet 2 chains, each about a foot long & use these to tie your walker-purse on to your walker or wheelchair. You can always find shower curtain rings at any Dollar Store or at a Thrift Shop.

* To learn how to make a granny square simply Google "free granny square pattern" & you'll find dozens of different ones!

---> Let me know how your piece turns out!

I tried looking for a picture of it, but couldn't find it on the web. If I had a picture I could most likely give you directions or a pattern.

Actually, granny squares are basically similar. If you just get nice instructions for a granny square motif, one that you understand and can handle, all you do is make 'em until you have enough for the size you're looking at and sew them together. Usually, if you do a search granny squares you'll get lots of free patterns on the interent. Improvise is fun too. For a bag just lay the G.S. out on the table and sew as many together as you need for the size you want. Sew together and crochet on handles. You're set to go.

Here is a picture of the bag I`m wanting to make, & thanks to all that have helped me.

Cyinda, I've been crocheting for 40 years, I bought the new book "Crochet Comforts" but I like this pattern better. I just don't know the yarn weight or how much to buy. Hubby says no more yarn or books for awhile, lol. I'm a Yarnaholic

I got a notice that I had another feedback, but I see nothing, please help me, I posted a picture of the walker bag that I want the pattern for, I have been crocheting for years and years, I sure would like to have the pattern for this, thanks

Thanks Cricketnc, I think I can manage the bag pattern now, looks like just 5" squares sewn together then straps and gusset. I just want to make the bag.

Hey jeanebug, I want to know how to make that pretty granny square bag pattern, do you think you can post the instructions? tks

Mizzy2002, I dont have the pattern but maybe some other viewer does.

Cricketnc,maybe you can send me the Lagoon Squares walker bag pattern instructions through my email? & thanks

Man Dusting End Table
Dusting Your House
Crafts CrochetAugust 12, 2009
Walker Grips
Adding Padding to Walker Grips
Golf Bag with Pool Cues in it
Uses for an Old Golf Bag
Cats in the Attic
Cats in the Attic
Jeans purse. Making a bootie bag from jeans.
Making a Bootie Bag from Jeans
🎉
🎄