Curtain Rod Question

Can you tell me how to make a standard curtain rod into a 2" inch curtain rods. My new curtains call for a 2" inch rod. I would like to recycle my standard rods so I can use them instead of purchasing new rods.

Thank you for your time,
Cheryl Robertson from Saint Joseph, Missouri

At WalMart you can find extenders that will fit onto your curtain rod to make a 2" rod. It's just a flat piece of metal or plastic. You just slip it into the pocket with your curtain rod. HTH

I cut stiff cardboard from boxes, to the size I needed and taped the cardboard to the rod...then slipped my rod into the curtains!... It worked great!

Find an empty cardboard box, cut it the length of your rod and 2" wide, slide into rod pocket of your curtain, then slide in the rod.

How about using a gift wrap roll (just roll the wrapping paper into a roll without a core) , as many as needed for the length. Flatten and slip over rod.

They make a thing that goes over a standard rod to make it into one for large casings. Dept. stores, Walmart, etc. should have them.

Buy a piece of PVC pipe the length equal to the width of the front of your curtain rod. Take the old rod apart , slide curtains onto PVC pipe and insert old rod into PVC pipe. PVC pipe costs about 3 dollars for 10 ft. and comes in various diameters.

Do they make curtain rod to drape the cloth through it?

Curtain Rod
Installing a Curtain Rod
Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Window TreatmentsOctober 22, 2005
Metal Door
Attaching a Curtain Rod to a Metal Door
Curtain Rod
Making Your Own Curtain Rods
Shower Curtain Rod
Uses for Shower Curtain Rods
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
Cleaning a Shower Curtain
🎄