Ideas For "Body Parts" Topic For Preschool Class

Please give me some creative ideas to do on the topic "body parts" for preschool class?

Could you do the hokey pokey? They could trace around their feet, head or hands or even their whole body.

Songs: Head & Shoulders, Knees & Toes

My Fingers Are Starting to Wiggle (google it)

Hokey Pokey

These are ideas are not original with me ... I had them in a file I've gathered from around the internet:

Name body parts for children to touch or move.

Give each child a paper "circle" (or other shape) and instruct them to use it in different ways (put your circle on your shoulder, under your chin, etc).

Dots: "I have my 12 students sit in pairs on the carpet with legs crossed and facing each other. Each child has a sheet of colored sticker dots. I start them off by suggesting, "Put a dot on your friend's nose." Then they do it, laugh, and I ask them to think of another place they could put a dot."

Play with Mr & Mrs Potato Head

Try to match a model's facial expression by looking in a mirror

Simon Says

This is Jayanthy from India. I am a teacher. As for body part lesson, you can have a boy's full size picture drawn and painted {bare body with only underwear] on a thick mount board and stick velvet paper behind it facing the velvet side out. Then you can cut different body parts separately starting from head, face, neck, torso, hands, legs, feet etc. You can ask the child to arrange the pieces and form a full body, naming the parts while arranging it. Its lot of fun too. It is a one time work and can be preserved too. Try and let me know. My mail Id is

sjnt AT

Parenting School ArtsNovember 19, 2007
Kids sitting and listening to their preschool teacher.
Name Ideas for a Preschool
Woman Enjoying Cake Decorating
Simple Cake Decorating
A man teaching a computer class.
Teaching a Computer Class
Preschool kids sitting at a table holding a sign that says school.
Slogan Ideas for a Preschool