Use Christmas Door Foil on Windows to Reflect Summer Heat

Window tint film is very expensive. I had an inspiration; what I call, a "light bulb moment". Having lived in Florida for years, it was not uncommon to see windows covered with aluminum foil. I used my Christmas door foil, to cover my the windows. It is much more economical having bought it 50% off at an after Christmas sale. My a/c runs less and my electric bill is about 1/3 less than last year.

Source: All my idea.

By Keeper from NC

Good idea, however, I personally need a lot of daylight. :-)

I love in OH and I have been doing the foil trick for years. It works a little but, I wish I could foil the whole outside of my house. The walls get very hot as well. But, the foil in your windows can look a little trashy and cheap. I recommend buying dark curtains as well. xoxo

Better Living Green Living CoolingAugust 4, 2008
Cleaning Windows
Cleaning Lawn Service Chemicals from Windows
Watering Flowers
Helping Your Garden Beat The Heat
A woman stand in a room built using recycled windows.
Building with Recycled Windows