Belgian Waffles

Slightly sweet and creamy on the inside and crispy on the outside make these perfect for a Sunday morning breakfast. I mix this up the night before to let the yeast do its magic and cook them in the morning, making it an easy breakfast for any day of the week. You can also freeze and rewarm them in your waffle iron or toaster for a quick breakfast when you are trying to get the kids off to school.

Ingredients

• 1/2 cups milk
  • 6 Tbsp. melted butter
  • 5 Tbsp. sugar or maple syrup
  • 3/4 tsp. salt
  • 1 tsp. Vanilla
  • 2 large eggs beaten
  • Ad
  • 2 cups flour (see tip)
  • 1 package active dry yeast
  • a mixing bowl big enough for the mixture to double

Directions

Warm milk, add butter, sugar, salt and vanilla. Mix in eggs and stir in yeast (make sure it is lukewarm, you should be able to hold your finger in there comfortably like a warm bath). It may look a little lumpy don't worry it is OK, just don't over mix or you will get a tough waffle.

Cover with plastic wrap, and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour; the mixture will begin to bubble. cook them up now or store in fridge overnight. When you are ready to cook preheat the Waffle Iron (make sure it is hot) and spray with nonstick cooking spray. Pour about 3/4 cup onto waffle iron and cook until brown (mine takes 4-5 minutes)

If I make these with my Belgian waffle maker I need 3/4 to 1 cup mix per waffle, but in my regular waffle iron it only takes 1/2 cup. I sometimes make these in the smaller iron so I can freeze them and toast them in my toaster for a quick breakfast.

Source:

By Momma2many

These sound yummy! They're a bit different than my favorite recipe. We'll have to give them a try. Thanks!

Grandma Jan & Kato the Wonder Dog

I am thinking you don't say when to add the flour but I assume it is after the yeast. And was the tip not to over mix? Thanks for the recipe, I never thought of cooking Belgium waffles in my regular waffle maker, thanks for the hint on that.

Food and Recipes Recipes BreakfastApril 10, 2009
Waffle Iron
Cooking Uses for a Waffle Iron
Homemade Waffle Recipes, Homemade waffles topped with apples.
Homemade Waffle Recipes
Mashed Potato Waffles
Mashed Potato Waffles
Waffles About to be Frozen
Freezing Waffles
🎉
🎄