Fly Strips for Spiders

To help with spiders in the house, use a fly strip that you tack to the ceiling and for some reason they are attracted to them. They stick and die.

By Wendy from West Allis, Wisconsin

This seems a little cruel to me, Wendy. And I'm not sure I would want a sticky strip covered with dead insects on my ceiling. I just purchased a bug vacuum from Sharper Image and am anxious to try it out. It gently sucks up the bug and you can release it unharmed outside. Almost all spiders are considered "good" insects who capture and eat undesirable insects such as flies and dust mites (2,000 a year!). Food for thought! :-)

Sticky strips! I got one for my apartment from the maintanence, and put one under the refridgerator. That night (in footie pajamas) my three year old got stuck! Luckily they were the 2 piece, and I salvaged the pajamas by soaking the feet in mineral oil.

I never thought of ones for the ceiling, because the ones that I had we only saw on the baseboards (we were in the upper story, maybe)

Home and Garden Pest Control SpidersMay 22, 2006
fabric scissors
Cutting Fabric Strips
Spider Hanging on web Outside
Getting Rid Of Spiders Outside House
underside of Black Widow Spider
Getting Rid of Black Widow Spiders
Fly paper strips hanging by clothes pins.
Making Fly Paper