Removing Bird Droppings from Your Car

Great tip for whenever those birds flying over deposit bird droppings on your car, you want to remove them as soon as possible to save damage to the paint. When you get home, grab a bottle of sodium free seltzer. Shake up the bottle, point the opening at the spot, letting the stream of bubbles soak up and remove the grime! Honest, it works.

By Bobbie from Rockwall, TX

Showing: Comments Sort: Relevance

I did not know that bird droppings could be so corrosive, but, took my car in to get a new bumper after a slight accident, and asked them to touch up some spots from car doors dinging me. They came back and told me about a spot of bird do, where the bird must have died from a stomach ache, as that stuff had eaten through my paint and was down to bare metal. What kind of bird could do that by taking a casual #2?? I was amazed, glad it did not land on my head!!

Thanks. You guys saved me a LOT of aggrevation! I tried OOPS, Wipe Away and Goo Gone, none had any effect at all. I have bookmarked your site. Thanks again!

Fantastic recommendation! Worked like a charm after having struggled with plain soap and water with very limited result. Want to make it fun and get a child to help?! Open a bottle of seltzer, punch a hole in the center of the cap with a large nail and hammer to create an opening about 1/8" in diameter. Put the cap back on. Close the opening with a finger and shake to build pressure, and then release while aiming at bird poop spots. Creates powerful stream. Caution, may degenerate into novel form of water fight!!

Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

Bird Droppings on a Car
Removing Bird Droppings from a Car
Home and Garden Cleaning AutoApril 18, 2006
Saving Money on Car Rentals, Neon Car Rental Sign
Saving Money on Car Rentals
Birds perched on a man's hand and shoulder.
Cleaning Bird Droppings From Fabric
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Removing Bugs from Your Car
Man Cleaning Car Interior
Cleaning Your Car's Interior
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on March 25, 2016 at 4:11:55 PM on 10.0.2.141 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.