Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Removing Bird Droppings from Your Car

Great tip for whenever those birds flying over deposit bird droppings on your car, you want to remove them as soon as possible to save damage to the paint. When you get home, grab a bottle of sodium free seltzer. Shake up the bottle, point the opening at the spot, letting the stream of bubbles soak up and remove the grime! Honest, it works.

By Bobbie from Rockwall, TX

Feedback Forum

Feedback about this article is posted here. Want to contribute? Click above to post feedback.

By Steve G. (Guest Post)04/06/2008

Fantastic recommendation! Worked like a charm after having struggled with plain soap and water with very limited result. Want to make it fun and get a child to help?! Open a bottle of seltzer, punch a hole in the center of the cap with a large nail and hammer to create an opening about 1/8" in diameter. Put the cap back on. Close the opening with a finger and shake to build pressure, and then release while aiming at bird poop spots. Creates powerful stream. Caution, may degenerate into novel form of water fight!!

Thanks for the suggestion.

By Leslie (Guest Post)07/16/2007

Thanks. You guys saved me a LOT of aggrevation! I tried OOPS, Wipe Away and Goo Gone, none had any effect at all. I have bookmarked your site. Thanks again!

By Jackie Martin [1]04/19/2006

I did not know that bird droppings could be so corrosive, but, took my car in to get a new bumper after a slight accident, and asked them to touch up some spots from car doors dinging me. They came back and told me about a spot of bird do, where the bird must have died from a stomach ache, as that stuff had eaten through my paint and was down to bare metal. What kind of bird could do that by taking a casual #2?? I was amazed, glad it did not land on my head!!

Post Feedback

Add your voice to the conversation. Click here to share feedback.