Make your own pizza dough.
- 2-1/4 tsp. yeast
- 1 cup very warm water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. oil (I like olive oil)
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- Mix yeast in warm water and add all remaining ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- When flour is mixed in, lightly knead the dough.
- Set aside to rest about 5 to 10 minutes in a greased bowl or on a greased baking sheet.
- Assemble your favorite pizza toppings.
- With your hands, stretch and pat pizza dough to fit the baking sheet. The smaller the pan, the thicker the crust will be. Or divide it and make 2 thin crust pizzas.
- Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 12 minutes. Let cool for a couple of minutes before slicing.
To avoid damaging your baking sheet, remove pizza to a large cutting surface. I use Dollar Store cutting board sheets. Enjoy.
I buy name brand part skim mozzarella when it goes on sale and use pasta sauce instead of pizza sauce. Chopping the pepperoni makes it go further.
Source: I adapted this pizza dough recipe from Betty Crocker's deep dish pizza recipe.