Homemade Pizza Dough
Make your own pizza dough.
- 2-1/4 tsp. yeast
- 1 cup very warm water
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. oil (I like olive oil)
- 2 1/2 cups of flour
- Mix yeast in warm water and add all remaining ingredients, stirring with a wooden spoon.
- When flour is mixed in, lightly knead the dough.
- Set aside to rest about 5 to 10 minutes in a greased bowl or on a greased baking sheet.
- Assemble your favorite pizza toppings.
- With your hands, stretch and pat pizza dough to fit the baking sheet. The smaller the pan, the thicker the crust will be. Or divide it and make 2 thin crust pizzas.
- Bake in a 425 degree F oven for 12 minutes. Let cool for a couple of minutes before slicing.
To avoid damaging your baking sheet, remove pizza to a large cutting surface. I use Dollar Store cutting board sheets. Enjoy.
I buy name brand part skim mozzarella when it goes on sale and use pasta sauce instead of pizza sauce. Chopping the pepperoni makes it go further.
Source: I adapted this pizza dough recipe from Betty Crocker's deep dish pizza recipe.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on October 27, 2016 at 12:26:14 PM on 10.0.1.154 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us