"Boo" Bottles

These are just old bottles I picked up on the side of the street. They can be used just for decoration or you can put a candle in them. They are especially cute if you let the candle drip down the sides.

Materials:

• old beer bottle or other small bottle.
  • glass paint
  • corks
  • raffia
  • clear satin spray paint
  • small round piece of felt for bottom.

Instructions:

1. Clean bottle with hot soapy water. Let dry. Wipe with alcohol.
  2. Paint entire bottle with black glass paint. You'll probably need about three coats for good coverage. Be sure to let totally dry between coats.
  3. Paint your ghosts and pumpkins with white and orange paint. Again you'll need several coats to cover.
  4. Paint on large "boo". (You can barely see this on the sides of the bottle.)
  5. Let it all dry for about a day, then spray with the clear paint.
  6. Tie raffia around the top and insert corks.
  7. Glue felt to bottom of bottle.

I can't paint enough of these. Everyone loves them! Try them with the candles, too.

By Artlady from Edmond, OK

Very nice.

Now I love that idea, especially the ghosts.

Is there anyway one could use a stencil for the 'drawing deprived' of us? I absolutely love these bottles but I can't draw for the life of me. Any ideas?

I don't know of any stencils that you could use for these ghosts. But, you could make a pattern to trace around on the bottle. Print this page and have it enlarged. You can then trace around the pattern with a white pencil, so it will show up on black. You can use sharpie markers for the eyes, mouth and arms. You can then cut a pattern for the pumpkin by laying a quarter on a piece of paper and drawing around it. There are always other ways for getting things done.

I"m sure you could also find stencils other places on the web. Maybe not exactly for bottles but there are enough stencils of halloween images out there right now. I'm sure something would work.

I love this Idea and have to try it myself. I"m going to have to find stencils too. I"m also drawing Impaired. :)

Crafts Halloween DecorationsOctober 1, 2008
Old Perfume Bottle
Uses for Old Perfume Bottles
Bleach Bottle on White Background
Crafts Using Bleach Bottles
Green Glass Bottles
Cutting Glass Bottles
Empty Wine Bottles
Finding Empty Wine Bottles
🎉
🎄