French Manicure Polish is Difficult to Remove

I have a question that I hope someone can help me with. When I get a manicure, I usually get a French Manicure. When I start to remove the polish like I did today, I have the worst time trying to get it off. I was standing at the bathroom sink using regular nail polish remover to get the polish off.

My back was hurting me so badly, I brought my chair that I use at my dressing table to the sink. It took me about 10 minutes with much rubbing to finally get the polish off. It makes my nails sensitive from all the rubbing. I use Wal-Mart brand regular nail polish remover.

Why is this polish so hard to get off? Can anyone give me any advice? Thanks.

By Linda from Mount Morris, PA

Why don't you ask at the nail salon what to use if you have trouble? What is their technique for removing polish?

Maybe try straight acetone rather than nail polish remover as many of them contain water. Saturate a cotton ball w/remover and press it to the nail. Let it sit for a minute--most of the polish should come off pretty easily. HTH

It could be the nail polish remover that you are using. Try a name brand. I had the same problem. I used a store brand and then another brand and it worked better.

The salons use straight acetone to remove polish. White is also very hard to get off, there is usually several layer of polish too. Just use acetone and if you can let it sit on the nail for a few seconds before rubbing.

Health & Beauty Beauty Nail TipsJanuary 25, 2010
Nail Polish Drying Tips
Nail Polish Drying Tips and Tricks
shoe polish
Removing Shoe Polish from Carpet
Nail Polish Remover Stain on Leather
Fixing Nail Polish Remover Stains on Leather
Nail Polish Spill
Removing Nail Polish from Carpet
🎄