Craft Project: Button Bouquet

Kids will have fun combining the buttons and colored chenille stems to make these flowers.

Approximate Time: couple of minutes each

• assortment of buttons
  • assortment of chenille stems

1. Thread three buttons of different color and size on, largest first, on two chenille stems until you have at least a half inch out the top to twist around that will hold the buttons on. Make a twist in the stems to secure the buttons then slightly twist the stems, not tight, together another couple of inches.

2. In one stem make a bend and shape a leaf bringing it back to the stem, twist the leaf to keep its shape. Wind the two together another time and make a leaf in the other stem then wrap the rest of the stems together.

3. Repeat with sets of two chenille stems and buttons until you have a bouquet.

As you can see in the one photo you can use any kind of button just bend the stem around the shank of the shank style buttons. Play with them to get what ever look you want. One stem isn't strong enough to hold the weight of the buttons.

Try twisting several flowers together for a hand bouquet and tie a ribbon around the stems.

By Ann from Loup City, NE

This looks like a lot of fun! I am going to do this with my kids!

Simple but beautiful. Thumbs up!

I don't remember seeing this one but I am glad I did now!

Photos CraftsJune 18, 2011
pastel paper flowers
Making a Scrapbook Paper Flower Bouquet
plate of cherry topped cookies
Bachelor Button Cookie Recipes
Valentine's Day Candy Bouquet
Making a Valentine's Day Candy Bouquet
Bouquet of sunflowers.
Making a Sunflower Wedding Bouquet