Use Hot Water Bottle to Heat Bed

Hot-water bottles are a British institution and an excellent way to keep your bed warm in winter. It's much healthier to sleep in an unheated bedroom, so do like we do and put a hot-water bottle between the sheets before you go to bed. When you wake up, empty the bottle into one of your potted plants! And if you have time to knit a cover for your bottle, all the better - it keeps it warmer for longer.

By Lucy from Oxford, UK

Why is it healthier to sleep in an unheated bedroom? I've never heard this and I'm wondering what the thought behind it is.

Sandy

Sandy,

Maybe not totally unheated, but cool is definitely better for me. Read this article for details.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/04/health/04real.html

Yes, lovely snug beds with hot water bottles. Frosty swirly patterns on the windows (inside!). And God help you when you put your feet on the freezing floor!

Marg, also from England.

When we go camping I often use hot water in used 2 liter soda bottles to warm our sleeping bags. It works like a charm and costs nothing. You can use any type of empty used bottle as long as it seals well.

I tend to have cold toes and use my heating pad in bed to warm them up. I like that it also shuts off automatically after a while.

Hot Water Bottle
Using a Hot Water Bottle
Better Living Simple LivingNovember 16, 2010
Pink rose with bumble bee.
Growing Roses in Hot Weather
A garden bed made from an old blue bed.
Make a Garden "Bed" Out of an Old Bed Frame
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
Watering Flowers
Helping Your Garden Beat The Heat
🎉
🎄