Product Review: Vicks Vaporub

Vicks Vaporub works great on sore muscles and dry skin. I used it for back pain. Also great on dry skin on feet, at night rub in and sleep with white cotton socks. Amazing how soft dry spots become. Be sure not to use on open sores.

By Peggy from Cortland, OH

Another use I have had for Vicks Vaporub and that was to put a very thin skim of it on the corner of my wooden couch arm that pup thought was great 'chewing material'. Have also used it to discourage dogs licking their feet til raw, and discourage the 'amorous' young pup who 'loves' an older female dog who could care less!!! A tiny speck [about the size of a regular pin head] on either side of female's tail workd wonders.

It also works really well for toe nail fungus! Takes a few weeks, but it will take care of it. Just rub it over toe nail nightly.

I cleared up a very bad case of Psoriasis of the scalp last year with Vicks. I avoided a trip to the dermatologist with this remedy. It was so bad that my hair was falling out. I just rubbed it into my scalp and covered it with a shower cap for several hours, then shampooed it out. Of course the regular vicks with petroleum base was very hard to get out of my hair. To solve that problem, I rubbed baby powder into my hair, and it removed the vicks. Then I discovered that Vicks now comes as a lotion in a tube, and if I have a small spot of psoriasis appear, I just rub the vicks lotion into it, wait a few hours and shampoo. It washes right out. This is surely a better solution than the steroids the dermatologist recommends.

Harlean from Arkansas

My brothers swear they didn't get hair on their chests because of all the Vicks my mother rubbed on their chests when they were young. :)

We have farmers all around us. Once a year you can count on someone spreading manure with the wind in the wrong direction! I put a little Vicks at the tip of my nose and then all I smell is the Vicks and not the manure!

If you get poison ivy or other itching problems use Vick's Vapor Rub. Instant cool relief and no itching.

I too have found alternative uses for Vicks Vaporub. Unfortunately I have Sjogrens Syndrome and it causes my nasal membranes to become very dry and brittle. When applied lightly to both nostrils with a Q-tip it allows my mucous membranes to stay most and comfortable and also leaves a pleasant smell. However, be careful to use sparingly and lightly so as to not inhale or taste the excess.

It's also great for a cough; used on your feet! Rub it on the bottoms of your feet at bedtime and cover with socks. I don't know why this works, but it completely stops a nighttime cough.

I use Vick's Vaporub to stop my cats scratching on the windows & doors as they don't like the smell...citronella oil works well for this too. I find the best natural relief for back pain is using thermal supports from http://www.thermomedic.com/therapy_garments.html Vicks is also good used as an inhalation if you have a cold.

I tried the Vicks for the Bulldog who licks her feet all the time... worked like a charm. Also, I have Eczema & work in the food industry. My hands are constantly dry & cracking. 4 nights of slathering Vicks Vapo-Rub on my hands & covering with cotton gloves, my dry skin is a thing of the past. I use the Vicks on my hands nightly now. I don't want it to come back!

Homemade Vaporub, ointment in jar
Homemade Vaporub Recipes
Consumer Advice Product Reviews Bath and BeautySeptember 23, 2008
woman brushing a cat
Product Review: FURminator
Vick's Vaporub
Vicks VapoRub Stains on Clothing
two young African American women with curly hair
Product Review: S Curl - Curl Activator
A Garden Journal
Keeping A Garden Journal
🎉
🎄