Question
Browse>Contests>Ask>Share>Newsletters>Account>About>

Looking for a Moist Muffin Recipe

I am looking for a good, moist, muffin recipe. I would like to make them Texas size, and use them as treats to share with co-workers. I have tried the ones in Betty Crocker recipe book, but didn't like them. I also would love to add chocolate chips to them. If someone would be willing to share a really good one that they have made. I would be grateful. Thanks.

Nancy from Pottstown, PA

By

Here are the recent answer to this question.

By jsham (Guest Post)10/08/2008

Re: Charla's post of 10/07, how much sugar is used? It says 1 1/2 raw sugar-is this cups, tablespoons? Sounds really good, would like to have updated recipe. Thanks, jsham

By Barbara Jean [2]10/08/2008

If you want them Texas size purchase the over sized muffin pan. I use cake mix one of the better super moist one. The last time I made cup cakes I used one of the super moist chocolate one. I mixed according to the directions then added a small box of chocolate instant pudding mix and white and semi sweet chocolate morcels my grandson and his friends loved these I hope if you try them you will to. If you do a lemon or orange or strawberry kind use a box of flavored jello

By Charla (Guest Post)10/07/2008

Greetings from southern Utah! When it comes to muffins, I've got you covered! I make a lot of muffins and haven't had a complaint yet! :)
I have a great recipe for Cocoa Applesauce Muffins that is oh-so-very yummy.
To make a batch of "Texas-sized" muffins,use the measurements that follow:
1/2 cup Hershey's cocoa
1/2 cup of canola oil
1 15-16oz. can of applesauce
2 jumbo eggs,beaten
2 1/2 cups wheat flour
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 raw sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Mix all ingredients in a large-bowled electric mixer. Pre-heat oven to 375F. Butter muffin tins. Fill each cup 1/2 full with batter. Bake in oven for about 20 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in a muffin comes out clean. These are a very moist and delicious muffin. They are truly more like getting to have chocolate cake for breakfast!

When my now 14 year-old niece was little, I took care of her while her parents worked. She would hold out on having breakfast at home because she wanted to come to Aunt Charla's and see what I'd made for breakfast! These muffins are a true family favorite. I hope that you enjoy them.

By (Guest Post)10/07/2008

Since zucchini is in abundance this time of year, I'd go that route. My coworkers love when I make the following muffins. I've thrown in nuts, dried cranberries, chocolate chips, etc.

Zucchini Muffins

2 1/2 C Flour 1 1/4 C Sugar
1 t Cinnamon 1 t Baking Soda
1 t Salt 1 t Baking Powder
1/2 t Nutmeg

2 t Vanilla 3/4 C + 1 T Vegetable Oil
2 Eggs 2 1/2 C shredded Zucchini
1 C Buttermilk (I used 1 C milk + 1 T vinegar)

Chopped pecans, if desired

Blend together dry ingredients. Fold in eggs, liquids and zucchini, mix well. 350 degrees, 25 minutes

By (Guest Post)10/07/2008

Zucchini Muffins

2 1/2 C Flour 1 1/4 C Sugar
1 t Cinnamon 1 t Baking Soda
1 t Salt 1 t Baking Powder
1/2 t Nutmeg

2 t Vanilla 3/4 C + 1 T Vegetable Oil
2 Eggs 2 1/2 C shredded Zucchini

chopped pecans, if desired

Blend together dry ingredients. Fold in eggs, liquids and zucchini, mix well
350 degrees, 25 minutes

By Anna (Guest Post)10/07/2008

Hi!
In my experience, if you substitute the milk in the recipe with yoghurt or sourcream and substitute an egg with a mashed, ripe banana, the muffins will be more moist.
Just look for a recipe you like and try. You can add chocolate chips to any muffin batter, just add them in the end.
Good luck!