Cleaner for Stainless Steel

I need a cleaner for stainless steel. Any suggestions of what to use and where to buy it?

Amelia

I was told that Soft Scrub with bleach does well with sinks and use with a soft sponge....otherwise local hardware stores have other products....hope that is of some help

abbae

Use Plain Rubbing Alcohol followed with light coating of Mineral Oil, then buff with a soft dry cloth.

* Pure Mineral Oil is found in the "Laxative" area of any grocery store, along with the "First Aid" supplies.

3M Co. makes a great aerosol stainless steel cleaner but is hard to find. You would have to contact 3M to find a nearest source.

Hi,

I was finding it hard to keep my solid black cooktop clean looking because it always looked "smeary". I mix 1/2 and 1/2 isopropyl alchohol and white vinegar and spritz it on with a spray bottle. It does a nice job of removing the greasy smears and my cooktop shines up nicely with the towel.

In my many years in the restaurant business, I found that any ammonia based cleaner (windex or any other glass cleaner) worked well for stainless steel. The faster it dries, the better results you will get.

I had a wonderful cleaning lady when I was still working. She told me Bar Keeper's Friend (similiar to Comet) a lot less abrasive was the best. Mix a little of this powder on a clean damp cloth. This will CLEAN any food or handprints off. The next step is wipe this off with another clean damp rag. Make sure this dries. Finish with PLEDGE and a dry rag. The pledge keeps fingerprints from showing up. This is wonderful!

Plain ole white vinegar. I always have a spray bottle under my counter. It takes hard water stains off great. I also get a mason jar and fill it with vinegar and prop it under my shower nozzle to unclog the head when it gets hard water "crud" all over.

Home and Garden Cleaning MetalNovember 13, 2008
paint can with red paint
Painting Stainless Steel
A badly burned stainless steel pan
Cleaning Stainless Steel Cookware
Stainless Steel Cookware
Switching to Stainless Steel Cookware
Cleaning a stainless steel dishwasher.
Cleaning Fingerprints Off Stainless Steel
🎉
🎄