Barkley (Pointer, Lab) and Petey (Boxer Mix)

Barkley is 10 years old and a Pointer/Lab mix and Petey is 10 weeks old and a Boxer mix. Barkley was adopted from the San Diego County Animal Shelter. Petey was a gift from my best friend in PA.

They like to swim at the beach! This was Petey's first visit to our local Dog Beach in Ocean Beach/ San Diego. Barkley is an avid swimmer and decided that little Petey needed some help getting back to shore, so he swam over to him, grabbed his leash and literally towed him in to shore. He kept on pulling until Petey was all the way up on the dry sand! It was stunning and hilarious to watch.

He wasn't taught to do it, he just loves to tug and pull on anything with a rope, (including my son on his boogie board when he was 10 years old.) Now Petey has a friend for life when he goes swimming!

By DNapolitan from San Diego, CA

Ah, how cute. My beloved Ladybug and Bubby loved to swim in the lake at our house. If I had them in the yard while I was working I'd hear a splash and there they were in the lake.

I see Barkley takes his job very seriously, and Petey is adorable. A thumbs up from me!

Barkley can't get past the retriever in him? LOL How adorable they are. Petey is a sweety. I love them both. Take good care of them. I love how they bring us countless hours of joy just by being themselves.

Lab Pointer Mix
Lab Pointer Mix Photos
Pets Pet PagesOctober 22, 2009
Boxer Mix
Boxer Mix Photos
Old Chemistry Equipment
Uses for Old Chemistry Equipment
Lab Mix
Lab Mix Photos and Information
German Shorthair Pointer
German Shorthair Pointer Breed Information and Photos