Dryer Won't Spin

How do I make the clothes dryer spin. It was working fine, it still gets HOT but won't spin. Please help.

StillLazy from Arizona

If my daughter and I, a grandmother, can do this, so can you. It sounds as if the belt has broken or the barring needs replacing. We went to our local Sears parts store and got the parts. Pulled the dryer from the wall, unplugged the electrical cord, lifted the top and worked down from there. Had to redo the belt a couple times but finally got it right and saved the day. Good Luck,

Mississippi Bird Lover

What can be causing these new noises in my dryer? It's like the drum is going to fall out. (:

Mine did that and it was the belt that was broken. I bought a new belt and it works fine now. I even put the belt on myself - make sure to follow dryer repair directions (you can find them on line by googling your dryer brand/model) and try not to lose any parts! Good luck!

You need to replace the belt. We have had to do this on several different dryers. Good luck.

This is a wonderful website. It will help you with almost any appliance that is having problems. They supply instructions, blow-up schematics and even answer questions quickly when you ask. The prices on parts are generally quite reasonable, even with shipping.

Have make, model, serial # available. (They can even tell you where to find them!) Good luck!

http://www.repairclinic.com/

If you have a noisy dryer, kind of klunky sounding, it could be the support rollers for the drum. They can get worn down and need to be replaced. They look like little tires and are set in a little gully looking area, towards the back of the drum, I think.

Home and Garden Repair Appliances Clothing DryersNovember 4, 2008
open washing machine
Spin Cycle Not Working on Washer
Photo of an angel craft made form used dryer sheets.
Making Dryer Sheet Angels
Washing Machine
Washing Machine Moves During Spin Cycle
clothes in washer spinning
Washer Making Noise During Spin Cycle
🎉
🎄