Essentials for Stocking Stuffers

Things get expensive during the holiday season, and the kids get over run with toys and candy.

Instead of stuffing our stockings with traditional toys and candy, Santa Clause stocks up on the essentials. The kids get art supplies to replenish their tub, shampoo, new toothbrushes (the cool character kind) and socks. Sometimes a few of those convenience foods to which mom always says "No".

This also helps to keep our holiday spending in check, as its all stuff that we'd need to buy anyways.

And the kids get excited enough to actually get in the bath and brush their teeth and get ready for bed. After all, doesn't Santa want them to use their new stuff?

By Violets from Santa Clara CA

I always did this at Easter too. Easter baskets can hold pastel markers, construction paper, pens, funky toothbrushes, glitter, etc. Use you imagination to see what you can find to fill these baskets.. What about hair bows or nail clippers?

I give that type of thing for other holidays as well. Our kids have a lot of toys and not that they don't get new ones but sometimes I prefer to buy things that end up going away!

Our kids love goodies and snack items so Santa brings them plenty of those types of can all be stored in the pantry and enjoyed for days or weeks to come but is usually gone by Valentine's Day when more of it comes into the house!

My parents did this for all 4 kids in my family; I'm the youngest at 23 and do this now for myself! But it's usually things like new work shirts or fancy underwear now. I get them when they go on sale after Thanksgiving and wrap them all up so I can have fancyness on Christmas. :-)

A classic red felt Christmas stocking, ready to be filled.
Saving Money on Stocking Stuffers
Holidays and Parties Christmas Stocking StuffersDecember 19, 2005
Stockings hung by a Fire
Stocking Stuffer Ideas
Stockings hung by a Fire
Organizing Stocking Stuffers
Making a Christmas Stocking
Making a Christmas Stocking
Crocheting a Stocking
Crocheting a Stocking