Asking a Guy to a Formal Dance

So there is this boy that I have liked since last year when I was a freshman. We have a winter dance soon called the Football Ball and the cheerleaders hold it. Can you help me come up with some cute ideas to ask him to the dance? Thank you.

By SaraJean from Casper, WY

Best Answer

Ok, so this is an idea that my friend used to ask his gf to homecoming. During class, he got a graphing calculator, and typed out "____ will you go to homecoming with me?" and she loved it and of course she said yes. (:

Best Answer

So my winter ball (winter formal) dance is coming up in about a month, and Im asking my guy friend, but i want to do it in a cute way, so I was thinking...the last home football game it tomorrow (10/2/12) and our high school logo is a mustang.

So I want to get him a mustang balloon, and get extra plain red and white (school colors) balloons, tie them around a football, and give it to him after the game, or put it either on the bench so during warm ups he'll get it as a surprise (of course I'll put his name on it so no one else takes it by mistake)

or put in the room they go in at half time so he can see it there :)

Best Answer

Here is what I did last year, I asked him through telephone. This year, I am planning to do a flashmob with some friends! Also, getting some baseballs, and writing "will you go to Sadies with me?". What should I do with the number 22 because he plays football and baseball. 22 is his football number!

Ask him & away from everyone IF he has ever thought about asking you to the "such and such "dance. IF he says no then you can say well would you like to go with me to the dance?

Some boys are just scared that they will be turned down so they clam up & shut up. I know I married one 36 years ago, ha! If it was up to him to ask I would still be waiting. Good Luck and keep us all informed on what happens with you, the dance and the guy.

I've seen this question here before. As a mom of 4 (grown) boys, I can tell you that boys hate to be asked out in a "cute" way. Just ask him privately (away from his friends), if he would like to go to the dance with you. He will probably be flattered, regardless of how he answers. Good luck : )