Cocoa Jars for Christmas

This is a jar gift that I made for the employees at my local post office because I'm always there mailing out my eBay packages. We purchase clover honey in 5# glass jars, so I try and save as many glass jars as possible during the year and reuse them for jar gifts. I used a self-adhesive shipping label for the jar and put clear contact paper over the labels so they wouldn't smear. I printed the USPS logo from the postal website. For the lid I copied an oversized postage stamp and lastly made the bow out of blue and white curling ribbon. The jar is filled with hot cocoa mix.

I also baked 2 small loaves of zucchini bread, along with the jar of hot cocoa mix. It was wonderful just to see the smiles on their faces, when I gave them the gifts.

By Marge W. from Sanborn, NY

Cocoa Jars for Christmas

How nice of you!

Can even add some candy cane pieces or andies after dinner mints also :)

One time, for my local post office employees, I gave a big popcorn tin. I know they were all appreciative.

Dear Sherry, I am just getting around to reading an in box of old Thriftyfuns and came across yours. When you say, cocoa mix, do you mean cocoa or do you mean premixed hot chocolate mix that you buy ready made at a shop? This is something that sounds so nice for gifts for next Christmas and I want to get it right. Thanks, Lisingreece

i am doing this for the kids teachers they have 3 eac and i am calling it the snowman soup i am gonna give it with a cute snowman mug i buy at the dollar store!!i am adding coco and coffee creamer to mine and a layer of marshmallows too!!! and copying that snowman soup recipe i will modge podge some kind of cute christmas paper with the saying over it

i bought a box of canning jars new at the thrift like 12 for 9 bucks these jars are huge too!!

November 30, 2007 Flag

Buy a nice jar with a lid, the dollar store is a great place to look. In the clean jar, fill three quarters of the way with cocoa mix. Add a layer of chocolate chips, then another layer of mini-marshmallows. Place lid on. Tie jar with a pretty ribbon with a candy cane tied into it. Very easy and inexpensive to make.

By Sherry from Silverdale

Answers:

Cocoa Jars for Christmas

My family also likes to add chocolate chips to make it a little extra rich (11/05/2007)

Cocoa Jars for Christmas

Also one can add some chocolate dipped spoons to your gift (11/05/2007)

Cocoa Jars for Christmas

My family likes to add chocolate chips (or white chips) to make it a little richer. also you can use chocolate dipped spoons with the hot chocolate (11/05/2007)

By imaqt1962

Cocoa Jars for Christmas

sounds very nice ! (11/05/2007)

By melody_yesterday

Holidays and Parties Christmas Gifts Jar MixesDecember 3, 2007
Man in a Christmas tree costume.
Making a Christmas Tree Costume
Pickle Jar Candy Jars
Reusing Pickle Jars
powdered cocoa
Storing Cocoa
🎉
🎄