Recycled CraftsCrafts

Make Bible Cover from Old Purse

I had a crocheted cord purse that had a hole in it. I tried to repair it, but it just didn't look the same. I decided it was a pretty pattern, so I made two things from the purse and had some leftover cording which I wound up in a ball for other miscellaneous uses later. I took the purse apart carefully to avoid unravelling any stitching and sewed the bible cover first. I took the remainder of the material and unravelled it, making small balls to use. I used the smallest crochet hook I have and made a watch band for myself, which I needed. It is strong and should last a long time and is quite comfortable.

Before throwing anything out think "outside the box" and see what you can come up with. Often items like the purse with a hole in it can be satisfactorily used for crafting. I had originally thrown the purse in the trash. Later that night, I came up with the idea for the Bible cover. When my watch band broke and our budget was short, I was so glad I had kept the leftover materials to use. You never know what you might be able to use for crafting materials!

By Monica from Cortez, CO

Thanks for sharing this! I have had the hardest time finding a bible cover for a large and awkward hardback bible and now I know what I can do with that broken Louis Vuitton that I rarely used anyway!

I don't know how long it will take but once it's done, I'll upload a pic!

Thanks again!

Reply Like this photo? Yes