Paint Color Advice for a Home Office

I need help with choosing a wall paint color for a home office. I would like something cheery. The floor is light oak wood, the ceiling white and the baseboard and trim high glossy white. Any ideas? Thanks!

Susan from Huntsville, AL

My favorite "cheer me up and make me work" color is yellow.

Lemon, peach, rose, or coral would be cheery.

Our relator sent us some info he collected about the best paint choices. This info said that a nice sage green was the most restful and easy to work in color. His office is a med. sage green with oak trim and it's absolutly beautiful. Our last house had oak floors and white trim and we painted the walls a pale green (not the yellowish green) and got many compliments on it.

I think if you go to sherwinwilliams.com you can play with paint color in a virtual room then take that to the store. Or if you find a color in your home on an item they can match it perfectly. Good Luck

Have just painted ours with a lovely shade of green it really compliments the colour of the timber. Another alternative would be a shade of Blue which is meant to be very relaxing.

Hi, we are in Arab, AL and I work at a Realtor's office. Our office is a Golden color and the trim is white. That is in the common area. The offices have a lighter shade with a chair rail. Then in the kitchen and bottom of the Broker's office is a darker shade than the other two.

Great colors and we receive compliments all the time on the colors, so much so that lots have gone down to the paint store local here and gotten the same color for a room in their lives.

Yellow and/or green, or yellow and/or blue.

Home and Garden Home Improvement Decorating Paint Color AdviceFebruary 19, 2009
dining room
Dining Room Paint Color Advice
woman using computer
Using Microsoft Office Programs
Nicely decorated living room.
Living Room Wall Paint Color Advice
Office chair with lime green cushions.
Fixing a Squeaky Office Chair
🎉
🎄