Dental Care on a Limited Budget

My teeth are infected, and hurt bad, I have no job, no money, I have to pay $100.00 to get in to see my doctor. What can I do?

By ttexas from Jacksonville, TX

Read all the Archives at bottom of page, there are many ways of saving money, and still be able to get the necessary dental work done. Also call Catholic Charities, they will be able to point you in the right direction.

There might also be dental schools in your area, that need volunteer patients. The work is supervised by qualified dentists. I know what it is to feel horrific dental pain. I'm praying for you. I hope you can get help, very soon.

The dental schools might be able to help. Our community in Iowa just had a free dental clinic. People lined up a day ahead and slept in cold weather in sleeping bags just to get the free help. So it is obvious we need some help. Try the dental schools and as MCW suggested, look at the archives.

We have the same situation and found that going to Mexico, you now need a passport, but we got the card one (about $100), not a passport book. It is well worth it to even fly down and get a motel room for major work, a $2000 crown in the US is about $300 in Mexico. The dentists are American trained. Every procedure is about 1/3 or less what a US dentist charges. A cleaning is $15 and well done; root canal is way less. We drive down for Thanksgiving every year and plan our dental visits at that time. WE call and make appointments, find the office clean and neat, and the personnel very personable and helpful. We go to Progresso TX and cross there. Most of the other 'portals' seem too dangerous, but we've never encountered any problems. Good luck! If I knew how to send you the Dr. name I would.

Go to your local Social Service's office for help of all kinds ~ keep us informed on what you do!

If I had money to go to Mexico, or fly somewhere to get my teeth fixed, I would not be on here, but I appreciate your help. I live in the sticks in E. Texas, 200 hundered miles from a Dental school They don't have Catholic Charities for dental work. Going somewhere off, cost money for a motel for a week or two, out of the question. Just no way for poor people to get help.Guess thats the American way! Thanks to all that tried to help.

Dentist Examining Woman's Teeth
Saving Money on Dental Work
Health & Beauty AdviceNovember 14, 2010
Name Ideas for Pediatric Dental Clinic
Name Ideas for Pediatric Dental Clinic
Woman Preparing to Brush Her Teeth
Dental Health Tips
A woman at the dentist.
Buying Dental Insurance
Dentist talking to your girl in dentist chair holding a dental mold
Getting Dental Work Done Without Insurance
🎄