Sharing Dinner with Friends

My daughter will be going to college next year. My friends and I are in the same boat, not wanting to cook for just ourselves. So I suggested that the 4 of us each take a day to cook. While the other 3 come over. This way you only have to cook a couple times a week. Also you get to try out different foods. It's also cheaper.

By LRP from Lowell, MA

its also someone to talk to. i have tried to do this same kind of thing but it has never worked. i am single and get pretty bored with my cooking and looking at me and the dog. so think about the folks that dont even have anyone going away.

I am newly widowed and sharing meals has been a godsend. I just got back from a shared meal and will be going again tomorrow night. We just stay for short visits to share the day's news and it makes things so much less lonely. I feel ready to come home and do the evening's chores. Friday night I'll make pizza and invite people over for a movie afterwards. I also think we eat better which particularly helps me as I haven't had an apetite. Thanks!

Yes, I'm sure you have a better appetite when sharing a meal & having someone to spend it with. Singles tend not to eat very healthy meals, especially men. We had a elderly male friend, who hardly ever went out of the house, except for a jug of milk, and maybe to gamble. If you're single, lonely, living in a gambling resort town, or area, gambling is the absolutely worst "hobby" to take up. We've seen several lose all they have, thinking the next pull of the slots will be the jackpot. Not a pretty sight. Just remember the casinos & gambling riverboats, usually always win.

I need something like this. My husband died 3 yrs ago suddenly, then my mother (who lived w/ me) 2 years ago, & I moved to rural WV where I've been for about a year now. I like to cook & experiment even, but not for just myself. The few friends & co-workers & have here are involved w/ their own households, naturally, & I have no one to share meals with. I'm not sure how to seek this out. Any thoughts, anyone?

Communal Sharing
Communal Sharing and Saving
Food and Recipes Food Tips Cheap MealsAugust 15, 2006
Making a Fabric Dinner Roll Holder
Making a Fabric Dinner Roll Holder
A girl holding a basket full of vegetables.
Sharing Garden Produce
beautiful garden
Sharing Plants With Others
Freshly baked white dinner rolls.
Saving Money on Dinner Rolls
🎄