Making Your Own Cards?

I looking for any kind of feedback on Xmas cards. In the past, I have purchased Xmas cards at the dollar store. We have a big family so I send out close to 150 cards. I know I can continue sending out the dollar store kind but I do want a bit of creativity. Has anyone here, had their kids make the Xmas cards and maybe make copies on cardstock at Kinko's? Is this expensive? I figured it would creative for the kids. What do you think?

Laura Lange

How about buying cardstock at a paper supply store (look in phone book) . Cut it on a paper cutter to desired size so it will fit standard envelopes. Get a few rubber stamps with Christmad themes. These often can be bought at dollar stores or Big Lots. Young kids can use stamp pads. Older kids can actually use colored markers to color on stamps and then stamp on paper. Just be sure to clean stamps by stamping on a paper towel moistened with water and all-purpose cleaner until clean and then dry by stamping on an old dishtowel a couple of times. Stamped outlines can also be handcolored nicely, too. Very fun, each one unique. Do this in several sessions-maybe kids want to invite friends to help! Even fun for adults.

Have you looked in local craft shops for either rubber stamps, peel-offs, or paper punches? These are easy for children to use and make lovely cards very quickly.

You can also buy stencils which can be coloured using ordinary paint and a cosmetic sponge.

If you decide to use copies of your children's artwork, ask them to draw something to which you can add a little extra something - glue on a bow or confetti star, for example. And make sure you copy on to card (or have a way to cut the paper and stick to coloured card).

Crafts Christmas CardsOctober 11, 2004
Framed Business Card
Other Uses for Business Cards
Cell Phone User Making call with Card
Saving Money on Phone Cards
Vintage Hank Aaron Baseball Card Leaning Against Old Baseball
Determining the Value of Baseball Cards